Addingham Moorside 2nd April

Can anyone please provide some more info on what's happening? Entry forms etc? .........Edit: I just have.

Bike Trial Federation UK Ltd 

BritisTrials Cup Rnd 1

http://www.biketrialfederation.uk

We are delighted to announce that the British Bike Trial Cup is back for 2017!, sponsored by Tartybikes

The series kicks off this year at the world famous Addingham Moorside venue in Silsden, actually called "The Nab" to Silsdeners.

The new custodians of the Bike Trial Federatioin UK Ltd are very excited to be able to host the first National at this world class venue, one that is a huge favourite amongst the Bike Trial scene!

Addingham Moorside is littered with rocks in all different shapes and sizes making it ideal for the sport of Bike Trials as well as Motorcycle Trials, and on a good day the views are worth a visit alone!

This year sees the start of the new marking out system adopted from European events that makes section routes both clearer to the rider aswell as making it easier to observe due to the whole section being taped and marked for all routes, those who have attended the recent Tyke Trial Club events will I'm sure vouch for this.

Permit No: Applied for (AMCA)
Date: Sunday 2nd April 2017
Time: 10.30am (Sign On from 9.00am Pre Trial Briefing 10.15am)
Venue: Addingham Moorside, Lightbank Lane, Silsden, West Yorkshire, BD20 0NL
Entry Fee: £20.00 (payment must be received with entry form)
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th March 2017 (entries after this date will incurr a £5.00 surcharge!.

Clerk of Course:   Tim McParland (07944 992868)
Stewards:             Robin Morewood, Barry Gawthorpe & Kevin Duke
Event Secretary:  Chantel McParland (07944 992867)

Paper entries:  Entries to be addressed to the Event Secretary - 12 Bradley Rise, Silsden, W.Yorks, BD20 9LZ
Cheques payable to:-  BikeTrial Federation LTD.

Classes-   Primary 6-10 years White route  
                Primary Senior 11+ White route  
                Novice Under 15 Green route  
                Novice Senior 15+ Green route  
                Intermediate Under 18 Blue route  
                Intermediate Senior 18+ Blue route  
                Cadet Any age Red route (BIU)  
                Expert Any age Red route (UCI)  
                Expert Senior 16+ 50/50 Red Yellow (UCI)  
                Elite  Selected only Yellow route (UCI)  

Timings - The trial begins at 10.30am on Sunday 2nd April with scruteneering and signing on taking place from 9.15am onwards. 

Our aim is to provide a fun yet competitive and testing event which is well organised, interesting and varied, using the best the local area has to offer, and offering a relaxed and supportive atmosphere for all.

Cancelling Entry - Entries cancelled before 29th March 2017 will receive a refund less the EntryCentral charges, and entries cancelled after the 29th will receive 50% refund less the EntryCentral charges  After this time we regret there are no refunds. 

ACCOMMODATION Please visit:- http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?town=Silsden

Shops, Food and Drink:- Silsden has many food and drink outlets including pubs to visit.
                                        CO OP Bridge street BD20 9NX.

FIRST AID:  First Aid will be on-site throughout the Event.

If required the nearest A&E is 3.9 miles at Airedale Hospital Steeton BD20 6TD. Tel 01535 652511

HBS Pharmacy, Silsden health centre, Elliot St BD20 0DG 0.9 Miles Tel 01535 656304

Letters should be addressed to:

Tim McParland,

12 Bradley Rise, 

Silsden,

Keighley,

West Yorkshire,

BD20 9LZ.

LD3 9DY

Edited by Ross McArthur

1 hour ago, Ross McArthur said:

Nice one. Added to my first post.

I see there is a wee note in there saying the organiser has to put up the entry form? What's the deal with signing on on the day?

I am very sorry Ross, to you and to all the riders.  I have just been copied in to an email maligning me and saying that the website would be misleading to riders.  It was my intention only to help riders find the information, nothing more.  The comments received were such that I will not try to help any further and the website has been taken down again.  The sport is now entirely in new hands.

• 2 weeks later...

just home.

well it was a great day, weather gods were happy, section setters did a great job, much more professional and better looking. easy to enter with new system. Great venue,

Happy dayz, see you all at the next one in May.

Aye good day. 50/50 just proved too hard on my old bones. Should have remembered I'm only supposed to do 3 sections before I decided to drop down (not a full lap of 6!) So my day was counted as "non competitive".

With only 3 in Expert category anyway, I think if it was up to me, I would have put me on the podium just to make up the numbers :P But rules are rules...Especially when British Cycling were there!

• Like 1