I got a new, old bike. Help!

MadManMike

So, shamelessly copy-pasta from my Facebook status. I purchased this today:

17634675_10158409083950587_5704930018735

I bought it as a keep fit and do more miles kinda bike. It's old school and a bit clunky, but should do the job. So here's my problem, copy-pasta from FB as I said:

Calling those with a knowledge of road bikes. Vintage ones in particular. Today I bought an 80's (at a guess) Falcon / Raleigh (Not entirely sure) for a bargain price.

It needs both wheels straightening (one spoke missing, the rest a bit loose). Possibly a new bottom bracket but most importantly, it is missing the little cable guide for the gears. As seen in this photo, it rubs the frame and in some gears the cable is so loose it could get caught in the chain.

Any ideas what I need to fix that? Is there a generic type I can buy? I can't see any mounting holes so, but perhaps they mount a different way - I've never had an old roadie before...

17796612_10158409932440587_5645000708341

Lol, it's a beast, it's not going to the dump :D

Solution was a weird chrome bracket thing for about a tenner, or, as I opted for, some gear cable outer in a lairy colour, ghetto zip tied to the frame.

Haven't got it yet, but 1.49 fixes it :)

• Like 2