Forgot to put microwaveable meal in fridge for 3 hours - safe to eat?

bikeperson45

I want to be on the safe side here, the situation is I bought two microwaveable curry meals with chicken in from Tescos at approx 5:50pm this evening. I got home and went for a ride, forgetting to have put them in the fridge can you believe it! Got back at exactly 9:02pm and realised they'd been in my satchel for all that time so I rushed to get them in a fridge and they're still in it now.

So the chicken's cooked and covered in various sauces - are they safe to eat having been un-refrigerated all that time?

Need help urgently, I am very hungry and would like to eat them, but only with a sound mind. 

don't frozen foods often have information printed on the packaging about how long they stay edible in different (non-perfect) temperature situations? i think they do here.

as long as it's less 2 days or so at room temperature, i'd eat it without a single thought. remember you're killing bacteria when heating your food. if in doubt take care it's properly heated through.

Edited by jeff costello

My mate bought frozen Asda Smart Price burgers for a car show weekend, by the end of day 2 with nothing but the shade under the van keeping them fresh they just kinda melted through the grill in a sloppy mess, washed down with Smart Price bitter, he didn't die either.

I worked for a butcher when I was a teen and he said he doesn't even think about cooking a steak until it's started to get a bit of that green 'irony' tinge on it. Something about it starting to be broken down makes it more tender. He's not wrong, try it.

The problem with smelling foods (especially from supermarkets) is all 'fresh' packaged meat smells off. Asda in my experience being the worst (for taste also).
Sainsburys chicken always smells funky. 

Maybe my sense of smell is fooked.