• Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP
    • Green
    • Other
    • I won't be voting

6 hours ago, Greetings said:

Talking about embarrassment and all the other points, I live in Poland. Seen things sink to new lows every day for a few years and found that the best way to deal with this is to switch the telly off and not read any news. Life is so much better now when one doesn't have to deal with rampant populism on a daily basis. Putting your head in the sand is a last resort and hopefully you guys will never have to experience such a state of frustration. Fingers crossed for Britain. 

I found the best way to deal with it was to vote myself out of Britain! I now live in Berlin (so actually I'm closer to Poland now : ) but the general state of western politics is disappointing. I'm glad that the French presidential election went the way it did - at least there is some sanity left in the world. But listening to the whole Comey/Trump thing, that's another colossal 50 gallon drum of worms...

• Like 1

Classic, despite my optimism, we somehow have ended up with the old cow bag doing a marvel team up with a bunch of "pro life" anti gay marriage, climate change denying creationist nut jobs. 

On the other hand we got rid of Salmond who sold one of the most environmentally protected areas of Scotland to trump for a golf course, and Clegg who sold out the lib dem supporters so badly that he turned a three party system into a two party one and got us into this mess in the first place.

• Like 2

They'll never make this DUP thing stick, the DUP have already dismissed May saying there was a deal which she since backtracked on (true to form).

I'm sticking with my original forecast - May will resign (either through general pressure or vote of no confidence), Boris takes the wheel, re-election. 

The way things are going it could happen a lot sooner than I thought.

• Like 1

You don't have to click on a thread with the title "General Election" started by Jolfa if you don't want to read anything by Jolfa about the general election y'know... 

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jolfa said:

Why's that? Keep it brief and punchy, Rainbird tires easily.

Underneath the buffoonery, I think he is a smart guy. It is exactly the wrong time to seize leadership - no one wants another unelected pm, and the conservatives don't want another election. If he took control now it could be a very short term in charge. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Luke Rainbird said:

<IF "Maybot" staus == "Resign"
AND "Boris" status != "Retired" OR "Assassinated"
THEN "QuoteRowanOnTF"
END>

What language's syntax are you going with there? It's not quite like anything I've come across as yet.
Is it something academic-ish akin to Matlab or something?

Looks like some hellish crossbreed of Python and SQL :lol: 

• Like 1