Danny Macaskills carbon rimmed trials bike

Ross McArthur

heavier than when he had the Spanks on :P

To be fair though we weighed the full wheel with tubeless tyre setup against his old full wheel with tube. His old wheel was 20g lighter but the carbon wheel has more tyre tread and plain gauge spokes rather than double butted on his old wheel.

the rims I guess are around the same weight as the Spank Race 33 but are wider, non of us have broken a spank wheel yet but judging by Danny's 27.5" version of these carbon rims they should be super strong too!

7 hours ago, Tony Harrison said:

Maybe it's part of a deal with other sponsors.

i don't think he's still sponsored by inspired. inspired is not mentioned as a sponsoring brand on his homepage. i guess he got too expensive for them and they made some kind of special arrangement. 

Edited by jeff costello
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I assume it has no logos on it because Santa Cruz would only sponsor him if he went "exclusive."  Everybody knows Danny rides an Inspired...even non-cyclists...so it makes sense for him to go where the money is.  I'm willing to bet Inspired still sponsors him and has him do R&D....just not "publicly."