Inspired 24''

Petras

Finally I built it! Really happy with my new bike, everything just works :D. Too bad I couldn't get gold hope front hub because rear hub looks quite good.

20170803_102105.thumb.jpg.9e265c568c051f9fcad80d3c3caae359.jpg

20170803_102210.thumb.jpg.c59adb2efb8b9eccdff9af8a3b22cc6a.jpg

20170803_102131.thumb.jpg.e7a4c3acb02bfab18873f7a478f9ad83.jpg

20170803_102115.thumb.jpg.37691c31a2458d81ed39d9204a4fdc22.jpg20170803_102140.thumb.jpg.d18b6d804247eb1414b71b91afea5c1d.jpg

Specs:

Frame and Fork
- Frame: Inspired Fourplay 2014                               
- Forks:  Inspired Fourplay 2014                              

Wheels

- Front hub: Hope Pro 4                     

- Rear hub: Hope Pro 2 Evo Trials                                                                   
- Cassette Lockring: Pro-Bolt Alloy Lockring                                    
- Front rim
Spank Spike Race 33                              
- Rear rim:
Spank Spike Race 33                                
- Spokes: Sapim/Halo

- Inner tubes: Continental                                                  
- Tyres: Maxxis Holy Roller                                                               

Brakes
- Front brake: Shimano Saint M810, 180mm              
- Rear brake: Shimano Saint M810, 180mm                                    

Drivetrain

- Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP Team
- Cranks: Truvativ Descendant 170mm                       
- Bashring: Inspired Truvativ Integrated Bashring
- Chain: KMC Z610 HX                                                
- Rear Sprocket: Trialtech Sport 16T                           
- Pedals: Nukeproof Neutron                                                             

Seating

- Saddle: Dartmoor - Lite Combo                                 
- Seat Clamp: Promax                                                 

Steering
- Headset:
FSA Orbit Z – Steel                                    
- Stem: BBB Forged (90mm, 35°)                                
- Grips: Sixpack Racing M-Trix                                    
- Handlebar:
Inspired Arcade Riser                              

Geometry
- Wheelbase: 1002mm
- Chainstay: 370mm
- BB Height: +15mm
- Head Angle: 73˚

Weight: 10,5 kg / 23.2 lbs

Edited by Petras
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...

I would expect this from a comp bash ring, but not a street one, where things like rails are hit. Shouldn't bash rings be able to take bashes? Or am I old fashioned with my mind set? I've had several bash rings that I have beaten far worse than that, with no problems.

There isn't very much material in the area where it has cracked. My unprofessional opinion would be poor design, with Inspired being style/weight conscious to blame.

Inspired's Hope bash ring looks far more up to the job of street trials abuse to me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

I have a feeling it was more to do with ramming it into stuff than the pedal kick :rolleyes:

Maybe some info about what Inspired have offered to help you out would be a good addition to this thread?

20171018_174102.jpg

Adam, probably I broke it when rammed and it completely broke after pedal kick :).

Inspired wrote me:

"Regarding the design of the bashring - the bashring is relatively thin at those points to maximise compatibility, but we tested them extensively pre-release with a variety of our team riders and only experienced one failure (which was Ali Clarkson whilst trying to learn crankslides).  Since their release, the number of failures has also been minimal compared to the number sold.

Ultimately, bashrings are designed to be a sacrificial part and consequently can be subject to a wide variety of impacts. As mentioned before, only a very small percentage of the number of bashrings sold have broken, so it seems you may have been unlucky with some of the impacts your bashring has received (we noticed in the photos that it appears to have taken some big impacts from the deformation on the outer edge)."

2 hours ago, stigofthedump said:

Funny, my sons has just broken today.  Looks very similar!  Admittedly it has been bashed (not as bad as the one in your pictures), however, is that not the whole point of a ‘bash ring’?

his is also 2 months old!

I think we gonna need thread soon just for broken bashrings :D. Would be interesting to see how your sons bashring looks like. 

I guess we are just unlucky :angry:.

Edited by Petras

Here’s what it looks like.....

however, it’s also worth noting that this actually happened when he was doing a 180 and pulled out half way through, so lander at 90.  Didn’t hit anything.  Obviously don’t know how weak it was before etc, and it has been hit on several occasions.  What I would say is that he’s only 14, so the forces wouldn’t be anything like if I was riding it.  Also, never had any problem with his old bike (inspired flow Plus).

20171021_213513.jpg

20171021_213616.jpg

20171021_213610.jpg

20171021_213601.jpg

20171021_213535.jpg

20171021_213553.jpg

20171021_213541.jpg

• Like 1

That inner mount bit is too thin to be trials proof. It wouldn't take a tank or a basher to break that. Also surely the arms pointing straight out from the centre would be much stronger than having them like that, leant over like a disc rotor, sort of pre - collapsed.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Potatoseus said:

How are the Shimano Saint brakes? How do they compare to MT7 or Hope Tech 3?

Well I have never had other hydraulics :D. Saints feel solid, powerful and actually I have never had any problems with it, rebleeded once in 4 years. Actually I have tried older hope tech, they felt much softer than saints. Also stood on a bike with mt7 once and they felt extremely powerful, but I didnt like plastic handle.

Edited by Petras

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, LEON said:

I think they really are just to shield the chain a couple of times, not actually take impacts, is that a revised version?

They do not have updated version of it yet. I noticed that Truvativ chainring have less movement when I put it on the same descendant cranks and inspired chainring has a slight movement on cranks BEFORE screwing on bolts. Bolts do hold chainring in place but hard pedal kick on landing backwards moves it a bit and I suppose thats a major problem. I broke it 2 times on the place, that means something for sure. Well, anyway thats just my opinion :)