who rides with tnn pads

craigblight

I am currently running LGM greens on the front end of my mod. The advantage is that they seem to last quite long (at least for me), but I found that once the grind isn't fresh anymore, they loose some bite (they are meant for well ground rims, after all, duh :D ). Oh, and I can't really explain it, but I like them much better as the rear brake pads. Sort of off topic, but I personally recommend Heatsink Yellows, I've had them on a 24" bike for 2 years, and I think they still have as long in them! Also, the hold is surprisingly good even when the grind is really worn out, and the bite is decent as well. If you are looking for all-round pads, this would be my choice, unless you specifically want the TNNs 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just to throw my two pence in. 

All the HeatSink Yellows I ever rode with were epic for a shot time, but from then on were so inconsistent I always gave up on them. 

The best CNC backed pad I used were the TNN ADMs. Didnt need a savage grind to work and remained perfectly consistent right down to the point where the rims grind would almost be smooth again. Excellent pads. 

The LGMs are also great and always had immense bite/hold but seemed to need a nice fresh/sharp grind to perform at their peak.