Help needed please

sideburns(dnt ask)

Hi All

After a few years away I've decided to rebuild my bike and I'm having some issues.

Brakes - I have a stupidly sticky lever piston on my back brake. It seems to have expanded, have taken it down a bit with some fine grain and replaced the 0-ring but its still jamming.

I switched levers over so i could take the bike out for a spin and it seems no matter how long I bleed it for i have no movement in the pistons when i put it back together.

Drive-train - My chain is rock solid when my free wheel is engaged but as soon as I drop of tension it becomes really loose, I would have thought that it wouldn't get as tight if it was just a tension issue.

These maybe glaringly obvious fixes but I seem to have forgotten a lot of things over the years and I'm not really looking to spend loads of money as that's 90% of the reason I stopped.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

Chain has seized and its low in tension are you mod or stock riding (20" 24" or 26") mods just used chain tensioners and pull the rear wheel back until its slightly tight then tighten axle bolts to finish the tension off with plenty of lubricant or grease on chain to help it or get a new one for something around £14.00 the pistons sound like they need some serious lubricating remove pistons and i personally would soak them in some form of grease to help them then strip the grease off after a soak then reapply the o rings and put back together new fresh bleed if its a hs33 id personally water bleed some like magura blood then give that a shot let me know if this helps :)

Thanks dude, I got the tension issue sorted, My wheel was slipping as I tightened it, It's an old t-comp so horizontal dropouts. The brake bled in the end as well, I think the slaves were sticky (It was a water bleed) . Just trying to sort out the sticky piston now but only have 3 in 1 oil and don't really think that will do.