Hello From Sheffield - New To The Forum.

grenosteve

Hi everyone. Just saying hello.

I got my first trials bike yesterday, a shiny red Arcade from Tarty Bikes (Great service!).

I have a background in BMX, although I've only rode xc mtb and road for the last 10 years or so.

This morning was my first ride, I found a quiet spot on a closed road with kerbs and some half meter high concrete blocks.  Supprisingly, I seem to have remembered a lot from my bmx days, although I wouldn't  call any of what I managed smooth or controlled!  I need to build a lot more strength and control.. I managed to trackstand (do this on the other bikes anyway), trackstand to rollback into trackstand, 180 endo and 180 hop to rollback, rockwalks, a few 10m ish manuals, pedal to blunt and pedal to fufanu (spelling?) on the kerb, also managed both without peddling, and managed a series of back hops from one kerb to the other.

Was getting to grips with hops to front on the kerbs, and eyeing up the concrete blocks... The fun was cut short when the big callus on the palm of my right hand ripped off. Guess I just have to be patient and wait for my hands to toughen up! Was a great couple of hours riding (bit sore now though!), still hope to get back out tomorrow. :D

Hopefully  will be picking up some good tips from all you experienced riders, I need a lot of help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by grenosteve
  • Like 1

theres a bunch of us riding sheffield fairly soon, its a good place to ride. hope to see you there. :) 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:24 PM, grenosteve said:

Hi everyone. Just saying hello.

I got my first trials bike yesterday, a shiny red Arcade from Tarty Bikes (Great service!).

I have a background in BMX, although I've only rode xc mtb and road for the last 10 years or so.

This morning was my first ride, I found a quiet spot on a closed road with kerbs and some half meter high concrete blocks.  Supprisingly, I seem to have remembered a lot from my bmx days, although I wouldn't  call any of what I managed smooth or controlled!  I need to build a lot more strength and control.. I managed to trackstand (do this on the other bikes anyway), trackstand to rollback into trackstand, 180 endo and 180 hop to rollback, rockwalks, a few 10m ish manuals, pedal to blunt and pedal to fufanu (spelling?) on the kerb, also managed both without peddling, and managed a series of back hops from one kerb to the other.

Was getting to grips with hops to front on the kerbs, and eyeing up the concrete blocks... The fun was cut short when the big callus on the palm of my right hand ripped off. Guess I just have to be patient and wait for my hands to toughen up! Was a great couple of hours riding (bit sore now though!), still hope to get back out tomorrow. :D

Hopefully  will be picking up some good tips from all you experienced riders, I need a lot of help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Steve.