What happened to trials?

Al_Fel

Jumping onto the "24" saved trials" bandwagon. 

Trials up to the year 2004 + MTB street = street-trials nowadays. Was and is appealing. 

Trials nowadays = something completely different and unheard of back in the days. Doesn't appeal to everyone. 

With regards to bike sales, street-trials is huge. The demand has seen some manufacturers constantly being caught with their trousers down. I'm guessing they adjust for the increased demand only to find it's gone up again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ogre said:

be nice to have  weigh in from the tarts on this, whats selling more, pure trials machines or new street bikes?

Street is definitely up but I do see people rocking new pure’s as well .

as for 24 saving trials..... well I do agree with this to a point . It was definitely what got me back in to the sport after having a long break from it all . Trials has changed I think there is room for both , i do think 26 will make a return as there are riders who have been on 24s and now moving back . In my opinion I could not care what people ride there is room for every one and as long are people getting together it can only do good for the sport to grow again . @Ross McArthur chucked up a vid the other day with riders from both sides of the fence . to be fair I think these type of group rides are better cos you see what one style is doing and try to match it . Times have changed and there are now multiple platforms to show case what you can do on a bike. 

I have to admit I do feel it has died compared to the "good old days". Personally I have recently purchased a 24" to try and get me back into riding...I have to admit it's working so far! However, I do feel as we get older we see things differently and nostalgia plays a big part.

Edited by David
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I think Trials is the greatest sport on bikes ever, I used to ride MTB then I have tried riding bmx and I stopped, my back was hurting, the bike felt small even though it was in my size, the handlebars are stupidly hurting and you simply can't... sit properly, almost all of the bruises I had in my life were from bmx, even in Ninjutsu I didn't get hurt this badly doing things that are supposedly hurtful.

24" is like the perfect size for the perfect ride, enough room, small, can go around the city well, high gearing for the up hills and trials since we have a lot of hills here in north Africa and I move on quite often for long distances, I think Trials are just awesome, you can't be in a place that you can't do Trials and tricks on, unless you're on the toilet.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...