Inspired Fourplay Rear Axle Installation

Hoba

I got a Problem with the Installation of the rear axle on my inspired Fourplay.
I install the axle, so it sits tight with the frame. (I litterally sit on the bike and tighten the axle, with both wheels on the floor)

The problem is, when installed this way, the brake rotor interferes with the brake caliper vertically and i cant spin the wheel.
If i loosen the axle ab bit on the nds and move it a bit further down, the rotor is free. (See picture)

But im unsure if the wheel sits secure then...

Inpired Fourplay 2011
Hope Mono Trials brakes with 180mm rotor (IS-Standard mount on the frame to IS-Mount on the Caliper.

unnamed.jpg

For a more long term fix, go to a local engineering shop and see if they can lathe the disk down a few mm. Not sure if it'll work with an icetec rotor though, it may de-laminate...

Just thought, are you sure you have the right size axle/bolts in the hub? Like having a 10mm bolt in if the frames designed for 12mm...

I measured the dropouts, and its about 10mm.
The 2 bolts, wich will be screw from both sides a slightly smaller , about 9.8mm.

I think it the right size.

I tried today layering some small metal plates in the dropouts, now the rotor isnt touching, but it is hard to get the wheel in and out. To alignin the brake caliper then is a tough job :S

IMG_0321.JPG

2 hours ago, Daviesdt said:

Could you not get a couple of gromits knocked up to fit over the bolt where it sits in the drop outs?

Although thinking about it it probably is just a more expensive way of doing Ross's ghetto coke can idea....

what is a Gromit? Like a bushing?

Oh sh...
This could be the problem
I bought the bike 2nd hand and had an 180mm hope rotor installed.

How can i tell what type of caliper im running?
there is only the Hope icon and a 3 written on it.

And of course, no one has a 175mm rotor in stock :'(

It's a Hope #3 caliper, for 180 rotor.

The 175 rotor is a custom size, nobody will have it in stock.

Other option is to file the threads off the bolts for the section that goes inside the frame, this will allow you to lift the caliper up a little - usually does the trick.