Inspired Fourplay Rear Axle Installation

Hoba

How much is it actually rubbing by? Does the wheel not move at all or is there just a lot of friction from it? If it is the second one then you could just spin the wheel for a while and let the disc sort of eat away at the caliper. Might weaken it but it may be better then grinding down bolts a lot which could snap and leave you in a tricky position. Or carefully grind or file down the edge of the disc so it doesn't rub. Best of luck anyway.

I think the bolt will hold better than it looks.

6 hours ago, Archie H said:

How much is it actually rubbing by? Does the wheel not move at all or is there just a lot of friction from it? If it is the second one then you could just spin the wheel for a while and let the disc sort of eat away at the caliper. Might weaken it but it may be better then grinding down bolts a lot which could snap and leave you in a tricky position. Or carefully grind or file down the edge of the disc so it doesn't rub. Best of luck anyway.

The wheel is spinning very bad, i dont think i can do that.

I found a shop in switzerland, they have a 173mm hope rotor in stock:
https://www.trendcycles.ch/shop/shop/Bremsen_HOPE_Ersatzteile/Bremsscheibe_HOPE_Trial_Zone_173mm/de/2/1722
Can i use this? Its 52 Euro without shipping :/

Another alternative is, i get myself a shimano IS to IS adaptor for a 203mm rotor and than install a normal 200mm rotor.

Edited by Hoba

On 26/11/2017 at 5:36 PM, Hoba said:

a shimano IS to IS adaptor for a 203mm rotor and than install a normal 200mm rotor.

Can you get a 200mm rotor? I thought they were all 203 as standard? Would you not have the same problem but with a bigger rotor? 

One idea though is that you could get a bigger rotor and get a bespoke IS to IS adapter made up if you know someone who can do that sort of stuff. Might be easier than milling you current rotor down.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:48 AM, Ross McArthur said:

Holy shit. See those bolts you want to not snap when you're landing a gap. :unsure:

The plain (non threaded) part of the bolt hasn't changed thickness, it's the same as the minor thread diameter of the standard bolt (Y)