Cranksets for street trials

Culshaw95

Hi all, I've recently just got myself a 2011 inspired hex frame but i'm not 100% sure on what crankset to get for. I've been looking at the Sram GX Eagle Chainset which seemed promising and then thinking of getting the inspired bashring/chainring but i've now not heard great things about them. What are people using and whats the best combinations? 

I’ve got the green hex with Maggie mounts and run Shimano SLX cranks and an OG 1999 threshold bashguard- had to do a little filing to get it to be perfect, but they are the greatest cranks I’ve ever run.. I think they were $110 usd new, I’ve never felt anything stiffer. My pogo has ffw isis cranks, they are noodles compared.

ali c said some sram? Cheap cranks are awesome, a quick search here should show which ones he likes now. He bent his slx , but he’s doing 13 ft drops in demos on the regular.. I don’t exactly put that power down.

I was looking at sram but i'm afraid of committing to the Integrated bashguard for £65... I've been looking at raceface recently mainly because i've recently had news of getting 25% off pretty much everything at Tredz which is only gonna make me spend more money... but at least it's making the build cheaper to do especially with getting brakes sorted  

It's probably because with trials you use a lot smaller chainrings so they'll look unnecessarily bulky and most of them require an iscg. You can't really downsize them either so it would then force you to use a larger chainring which defeats the object of a compact out the way system.  Interesting idea but a bash ring is a more tidier system 

• Like 1