Would boost cranks fix chaining clearance issues?

cwtrials

So there are a few topics on here about chaining clearance issues with mtb style cranks. Recently I spent a considerable amount of time with an angle grinder to get some slx cranks to work.

Would cranks for an 83mm BB and a few spacers fix this issue?  My frame has a 73mm BB, so two 2mm spacers in each side and then 2 of the 0.5mm axle washers per side and that'd work...right?

Or am I  completely missing something 

Edited by cwtrials

Biketrials riders have to be really good at grinding and filing , always have been- as nothing ever works straight out of the box :) 

Maybe some day in some world... mtb parts are  so advanced compared to most trials things- I’m surprised we aren’t all still running square taper cranks :D 

On 28/12/2017 at 3:07 PM, AndyT said:

Biketrials riders have to be really good at grinding and filing , always have been- as nothing ever works straight out of the box :) 

Maybe some day in some world... mtb parts are  so advanced compared to most trials things- I’m surprised we aren’t all still running square taper cranks :D 

There still are way too many square taper cranks offered on complete trials bike :(

3 hours ago, trialsalot said:

Or would 110 hub spacing cure it instead.

I don't think for street 110mm spacing would give a sturdy enough base.  Then for rim brake bikes (like mine, clearing the slave cylinders is the major issue).