Inspired Hex. Finished!

Culshaw95

22 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

You're not alone with the longer stem on a streety 26" - seem to recall @Paperclip running something similar (maybe not quite so long on his old Marino, see 24tour vid he posted) for example. Should keep it hoppy :)

I could have gone over kill with a 150x30 but that wouldn't have been the point of going to a street bike :L have noticed to fronts feel nicer with this set up

@Luke Rainbird I can't fully remember on that video. I would like to say 110 x 35 but I can't remember or tell. 

On the current Hex I have 110 x 35, I could possibly have a 90 on there as it feels super roomy from the 24"'s reach.  

Bike looks great, hope the weather improves so you get to ride it. It's fully rubbish here. 

• Like 1

Well went to southampton yesterday and things were going so well until I noticed the pin holding my magura lever blade was coming out... I knew something was gonna happen as it always does with the new magura rim brakes as i snapped one attempting a side hop it went when i landed on the wall D: so already looking to get a new lever haha  which i was looking at the Jitsie ones and then thought of getting the matching lever blade for my hope 

11 hours ago, Paperclip said:

It would appear not many people are having the best of times with Magura lever's. Shame. The Trialtech ones look great and kind of in keeping with the Inspired :P

I was looking at the trialtechs but having the lever blades on my zoo i didnt get on with them and kept getting finger strains for some reason. Played around with them for ages and still no good, i've ordered a jitsie one now so we'll see how that goes but it's a pain that the magura has already failed i just dont get how they get their disc brakes right but not their rim. 

12 minutes ago, Culshaw95 said:

I was looking at the trialtechs but having the lever blades on my zoo i didnt get on with them and kept getting finger strains for some reason. Played around with them for ages and still no good, i've ordered a jitsie one now so we'll see how that goes but it's a pain that the magura has already failed i just dont get how they get their disc brakes right but not their rim. 

The lever blades on the Trialtech levers aren't the same as the separate blades they sell for '05-style lever bodies.

7 hours ago, Mark W said:

The lever blades on the Trialtech levers aren't the same as the separate blades they sell for '05-style lever bodies.

Ah right well I'm not much of a fan of the curve in the blade where my finger rests. I've just got the jitsie blade for my hope trialzone and feel more comfortable but then that's my opinion