Current Freewheel options/cranks?

AndyT

The last time I ran a freewheel everyone was giggling about KOXX being a name and the ACS Claw / white industries 18-24 click freewheel were the only choices.

A quick look at tarty and some other sites, I'm totally lost- 108 engagements being the lower level of engagements...mind blown.

What freewheels are bulletproof now??  I love trialtech products- I don't care about lightweight, I just want performance and strength. I don't like to change things on my bike and ride them till they break then replace.   Most important thing is it doesn't give me problems, skipping etc.

Seems like hashtag and bonz are the only people making real cranks, everyone else is stuck in 2005 ISIS world...and I'm not paying over $400 for pogo cranks.  The trialtech integrated everything cranks look fine to me, is that freewheel ok?? 108?  strong?

Couple 108 jitsie votes- any info on the bonz 135?  

I’m used to 48 clicks on my pogo, why not go for ridiculous and 135 clicks... the word “jitsie” is a painful word, sounds like some kind of special American dong cancer. Ideally something else purely based on the name... but if it really is the best freewheel , I’ll bite. 

• Like 1

I was unlucky with my Jitsie, so was Sam Perkins.
Never had other reviews about them, not good not bad.

Rode the 135 Splinned Bonz ( Monty, Bonz, Breath (all the same) Crewkerz, Clean are similar too )
And the 135 Clean and 135 Crewkerz. All were perfect!

Yeah, Echo are still a solid choice!!

• Like 2

Agree with Felix, i've tried WI 72, Try-all 36, 108, 108 (the black and the bronze-like), old Monty 72, Rockman 108 and new Monty 135, and only the Monty was/is perfect. I am using it for about 2 years, not a single miss or click or whatever. 2 sealed bearings, zaeger-ring and traditional bottom braket-tool based assembly, etc.

• Like 1

Jitsie are good but I've not tried the 135 stuff yet. The only down side I found with the Jitsie was the drag, Initially it felt obvious but you get used to it only noticable when just rolling around. The tech nowadays is nuts, I'm sure you can hardly go wrong.

Went for trialtech sl cranks and a bonz 135...

paired to some new wheels, which with mounted tubes and tires are lighter than just my current rear hope2 /echo tr wheel... going to be a strange experience, expecting exploding wheels as the front is radial and carbon hub... but people say you can’t tap new frames? who knows , we will see how this future trials bike works - looking forward to riding it!!