musicality

East Kent Riders? Margate/Canterbury etc...

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Been away from trials for bit, just got another bike and getting back into it (slow progress).

Waiting on springs to arrive for my freewheel at the moment but thought I'd put up a post to see if anyone wants to ride sometime.

Cheers!

Recently moved to Canterbury. Although before moving I rode motocross enduro/technical singletrack, the move has required taking a break from motor's for a bit and lack of any large mountains for technical dh in the area has pushed me towards streety trials.

Currently only got an overly heavy full-squish bike I had lying about (Let's call is muscle training for now.), will hopefully change that in the coming weeks. If all goes right, and you can deal with a semi-quick over ambitious learner I'd be down for a few rides.

Margate rider myself, regular cyclist, mountain biker not a trials rider, but trying to get into street type stuff on the MTB to make doorstep rides more interesting.

Current goal is to gain bunny hop height.

There's loads of stuff around the Turner centre, and Walpole bay clifftops of various heights which I'm slowly working my way up, either to hop onto or drop off of.

Detoured on my commute home along coast starttng Pegwell bay, definitely a variety of spots between there and Ramsgate harbour. Maybe not so much if you're ultra pro, I don't know, I only see stuff within my capability and not much further beyond my ability. My ability being that of a beginner at trials on a rigid 26" mtb but having ridden mtb for years. Then a few spots suitable for beginners along the cliff tops (see image) heading toward King George park. If you're pro trials then ride down these steps turn left at the bottom and along the beach are some big rocks broken concrete structures. Actually, you can see then in 3d map view if you move out over cliff tops and rotate around. Might need to wait for tide to be out not sure I don't go down that way much. Beach is a bit unrideable down there (ie loose sand and/or flint stone & chalk rock).

vicgdns.jpg

Edited by marg26