Magura MT7 adjustment

nickday1

Hi,
Got my son a Crewkerz Desire 20" - cracking bike, he loves it BUT....
On the rear brake we have to compromise between bite point and reach.

He's only 10 so diddy hands so if reach where her likes it the bite point is too close to handlebars or If bite point is where he needs it the reach is too far out.
Spoke to tarty bikes to see if I was missing something and it seems I am not :( so I'm hoping some clever sort has had this issue and found some genius hack to get around it..

Any had, and fixed this issue??

TIA

Nick

Which lever blade are you using?  I've used the original, HC1 and HC3 blades on mine, and both HC blades made a positive difference to how it felt and operated.  The HC3 blade is the way to go if you want to totally solve it but it is mega pricey.  The HC1 should help a bit and will definitely be the cheaper option...

22 hours ago, Mark W said:

Which lever blade are you using?  I've used the original, HC1 and HC3 blades on mine, and both HC blades made a positive difference to how it felt and operated.  The HC3 blade is the way to go if you want to totally solve it but it is mega pricey.  The HC1 should help a bit and will definitely be the cheaper option...

Just the standard lever that came with it.
What would a HC1 offer me and what would a HC3 offer above this?

Thanks again

Nick

HC1 has a different lever profile, and is a different length.  It's a bunch stiffer too.  It seemed to allow you to have the lever set a tiny bit further in without getting the weird spongey/lack of power feel you get when you wind the reach in too far.

The HC3 blade has totally independent reach adjustment so you can set the end of the blade wherever you want it without affecting the brake performance (which is also independently adjusted).