Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joshemerytrials

Creating obstacles

6 posts in this topic

I’ve got a few pallets. But what else have people made to get some nice stuff to ride on?  Could do with a balance beam almost 

That is the best thing about trials I think - you can ride almost anything with some creativity! Pallets are good in the sense that you can stack them in many different ways to change the course around when you get bored. Also, tires are great, especially the big ones from trucks and tractors. If you're building your course in your backyard, it might be difficult, but concrete blocks and big rocks are also pretty good. And don't forget tree trunks :) My backyard course also includes my dog's doghouse (she isn't too happy about it though). You can look up trials courses online for some inspiration, especially the one of Radical Bikes

1 person likes this

Sounds good! I don’t think the dog will be happy no haha! that radical bikes place looks prettt sweet, shame there isn’t anywhere like that in the West Midlands 

Boxes are easy to make and don't shift around like pallets. Definitely recommend making a balance beam. Teaches you a lot of techniques. I also made a box with a half round/ barrel shape on top which is fun. Some pics below, somehow I don't have a pic of it finished but you get the idea! Haha. Everything is made from scrap wood and sheets of plywood and chipboard flooring I pinched from work.

IMG_20171231_160828501.jpg

IMG_20171231_153443298.jpg

Edited by peter_t
1 person likes this

Dude, good work on the beam. I need to get some scraps from somewhere and start building stuff like that. Looking good in the vid 

Railway sleepers make excellent "bridges" between pallets and stuff.

1 person likes this