Big Group Ride Summer 2018

Dman

Urban Rides  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• FCUK YEAH
    • NO

I think this summer is the time to get a big street ride going, can we try make it one of the biggest ever? Let's see.

Everyone is welcome.

No dates or locations yet but I'm based In Manchester and it's quite central in the UK so might be a good area. I'm open to suggestions. 

I'm just testing the water with this post, if enough people fancy it let's make it happen.

Dust off the old bikes, buy one just for this if you haven't got one.

Comment away.

• Like 5

Good idea, where ever it is has to have enough spots to keep everyone of all abilities happy. So not sure if MCR is that place? I would have found out but Luke told me to go to Salford Quays, not MCR...

Edited by ben_travis
  • Like 2

Cool, yes I'm up for suggestions. Blackpool or Cleveleys? Or both in a day?

It's all up for discussion.

If there's any beefs between people groups or seats, let's settle them and get together and throw bikes at walls in harmony.

• Like 2

Only thing to bear in mind with Blackpool (BPL for you, Ben ;)) and Cleveleys is that in the summer they're a bit of a nightmare in terms of the amount of people there.  Moon Rocks can get a bit rammed, and you get endless people complaining on the front in Cleveleys.  Not the end of the world, but worth bearing in mind.  Parking would probably also be a bit more hassle.

Ben - Manchester's got some really fun stuff to ride.  It takes a bit of finding unless you've got a guide/done your homework, but Cap and I used to have some really fun rides after work there.  Feels like there's a lot of untapped potential there too.  Seen some DVDs from the BMX scene there that have some really good looking spots that I haven't been to yet.

• Like 3

To be honest, I only questioned MCR because i've not seen a lot of footage from there, so wasn't sure of the quantity / size of the spots. Ol' Marky boy has put me right, and its fairly central for the whole UK, so I'm in. I'll be keen whether I'm in Bristol or Aberdeen! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex Dark said:

I'm keen but Manchester is a fair jaunt for me in Cornwall :)

It's a mission but if you like riding and want to get involved it's not far really. Only like me going to radical bikes.

1 hour ago, AdamAllen said:

Same as above.

5 minutes ago, John Shrewsbury said:

London

I'm not sure on London.