Older, but not wiser!!

r2wtrials

According to the wife this will all end in tears, and probably hospital, but after many years i have just obtained one of my old bikes and plan on having a gentle hop around again.

I'm 52 now, and with a very knackered knee after 5 dislocations doing motorcycle trial ... but what the hell, you're a long time dead :)

Bike's a bit old school but then again so am i, and it may help to shed a few kilos and possibly help with my motorcycle trials balance etc ... here's the old dog.

... any other old gits like me still having a play?.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

• Like 11

I'm only in my mid 30''s and now conform to as many headset spacers and highest bars possible. I've got buggered discs though.

The older to get you just ride however you want and take a more chilled mindset with it. When I was younger I used to push really hard and religiously ride comp style stuff. Now I'm happy popping a manual or gap or 2. It's just nice being out.

Enjoy it dude!

• Like 5

.. had a hop around on the drive today. After 40 minutes i was fecked :) ... but if i can eat a bit healthier it will certainly make some weight fall of.

Fitted a slightly longer and more angled stem and tipped bars forward a bit and find it very comfy ... out on the motorcycle trials bike tomorrow for 4 or 5 hours, see if i can do more than two back-hops on that :D

Edited by r2wtrials
  • Like 2

Gaps I don’t think will be happening much .. age and a knackered knee are against me there! :D

... I am just under 6 foot tall if that helps. I did look on tarty site and most bars are the same width as mine or thereabouts.. I’ll try these for a bit.

I'm 37, still ride occasionally but my ankle and elbow are knackered so trials isn't very easy nowadays, Much prefer MTB now. Still got the Ashton, don't plan on ever getting rid of it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still young (42)...rides a ton, now the kids are older, it's easier to go some dad time...been on the 24" arcade for a while such a fun all round bike...great you back at it...good luck with the knees...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Two years later .. and now 55, still a few hops in me! 

As most of our motorcycle trials riding venues have been unavailable because of various Covid restrictions i've taken to having a few minutes here and there on the Echo again ... fitness is very lacking these days but trying to make that better!!

... had to go and buy some skate shoes again ... my 5 year old 5 10's had finally had it :) 

boys_toys.jpg

betatr34_finished_lh.jpg

• Like 1