Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tonne

24'' or 26''

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys. 

My name is Anton, and im looking to get into some street trials. I've read a lot of opinions, but i cant decide. 
Bugdet is about 1500 £, so should i go for the Hex 26'' or achade or fourplay? 

Greetings from Denmark. Seems like im the only Dane thinking about trials 

Btw. I am 196 cm tall. 6,6 foot tall or something like that

 

 

Edited by Tonne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being as tall as you are the Hex might feel more comfortable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But i could go for the 24 inch? everybody seems to ride it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tonne said:

But i could go for the 24 inch? everybody seems to ride it

Have you ridden a 24" bike before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/5/2018 at 2:16 PM, Tonne said:

Hey guys. 

My name is Anton, and im looking to get into some street trials. I've read a lot of opinions, but i cant decide. 
Bugdet is about 1500 £, so should i go for the Hex 26'' or achade or fourplay? 

Greetings from Denmark. Seems like im the only Dane thinking about trials 

Btw. I am 196 cm tall. 6,6 foot tall or something like that

 

 

Nope your not...Ålborg in the house..Viborg has a big scene as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive had both an Hex,fourplay and arcade, all do different stuff, so it all comes down to riding style... what are you thinking/looking to ride most ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 7:29 AM, dk2 said:

ive had both an Hex,fourplay and arcade, all do different stuff, so it all comes down to riding style... what are you thinking/looking to ride most ? 

Hi dk2. Can you write a little bit about the different feel/handling of these 3 bikes and what you like about them? As Anton, I'm considering these models (and also the Flow Plus). Mainly interested in street and just messing around, but could also see myself finding some outdoorsy area to mess around in (boulders, logs, etc). Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You can do pretty much anything on any bike, it just comes down to personal preference. Considering your height, a 26 might be better as you will probably feel more comfortable with the slightly bigger size, although due to the geo of the bikes its not that different to ride (so ive heard), but yeah, if i were you, id go 26.

Edited by Archie H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 8:45 AM, bjrn said:

Hi dk2. Can you write a little bit about the different feel/handling of these 3 bikes and what you like about them? As Anton, I'm considering these models (and also the Flow Plus). Mainly interested in street and just messing around, but could also see myself finding some outdoorsy area to mess around in (boulders, logs, etc). Thanks :)

Hi i think the arcade has a more "solid" feel due to the steel frame, and I'm more used to that due to 20+ years on bmx bikes. So for the street park I find I trust i more...the arcade bunny hops really well, where as the hex has a "bigger" feel to it which i dont like. This "bigger" feel in turn makes it better for static moves and rolling over stuff. The fourplay is a bread of its own. Fun and stable but not as lively as the others. All are killer bikes, so really hard to give recommendations. ..but you know some days you wear sandals, some day boots..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.