Mike Beck: JUST MOVE

Mike Beck

On 1/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, Ross McArthur said:

What Beck has essentially done is unjustifiably create his own sticky topic (about himself) and change the topic title name for every new video?

Could be worse, the videos section could be flooded with absolute shite. 

This way it's self contained (Y)

• Like 2

It's worth approaching editing any video from the position of having respect for your viewers, and respect for their time.  Every second they give to you is a second of their life they aren't getting back.  When deciding what to put into a video, bearing that in mind is a good first step.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 0:30 PM, isitafox said:

Could be worse, the videos section could be flooded with absolute shite. 

This way it's self contained (Y)

Your opinion is completely invalid to me. I am and always will be a better trials rider than you (which needn't be said to be honest). You don't even know me, but so quick to hate. Stick to crossfit, this is trials forum. I don't know, maybe you sharing your comments on my videos gives your MASSIVE gym ego a boost. 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:26 AM, Al_Fel said:

That was in my opinion one of your "better" videos.

I'm no expert but I think if you chilled out with the jumping from one thing to another editing and just showed full moves and small lines you'd make more pleasing to watch videos. You're not a bad rider but the vanity and crazy editing ruins what you can do.

Either way crack on and have fun.

Thanks for your comment, I must get carried away lol:lol: and that's it mate, having fun is the main thing.

:lol: 

You're correct this is trials forum so quit being a whiney bitch and suck it up. 

I'm here to moderate what goes on and my comment stands, keeping your videos in one thread (especially with the frequency of them) saves the Videos forum from being whitewashed with all your content which could cause other peoples media to get lost. 

As for the ego boost comment.... 

88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png.33699076142090d3f55a47f670cebc62.png

1 hour ago, Mike Beck said:

Your opinion is completely invalid to me. I am and always will be a better trials rider than you (which needn't be said to be honest).

video's aside, putting someone else's riding down and claiming to be the better rider for the sole reason to make someone look bad is the most childish thing you can do. No matter what abuse I've had in the past, no matter how much I've disliked someone I never crossed the line by calling them a rubbish rider.

People have different skill levels and different levels of commitment to the sport, we were all crap at some point and it's important to be humble about that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ali C said:

video's aside, putting someone else's riding down and claiming to be the better rider for the sole reason to make someone look bad is the most childish thing you can do. No matter what abuse I've had in the past, no matter how much I've disliked someone I never crossed the line by calling them a rubbish rider.

People have different skill levels and different levels of commitment to the sport, we were all crap at some point and it's important to be humble about that.

I totally agree with your comment there Ali. I never called him a rubbish rider, but you just did.

But calling someone's content shit isn't childish or crossing a line? Honestly it does not bother me in the slightest, but that mr fox guy just came outta nowhere and started hating on me, but like he said its just trials forum so he can suck it up too.

Edited by Mike Beck

4 hours ago, Mike Beck said:

Your opinion is completely invalid to me. I am and always will be a better trials rider than you (which needn't be said to be honest)

But clearly not half as good as thousands of riders.. and my instinct tells me you probably won't be.. Though you have got some of the basics down very well, ill give you that (Y)

Though you clearly felt provoked; I feel you ought to apologise to yourself about that comment none the less. I think the comment was aimed at the fact you've been posting videos of you topless on holiday and someone riding a fold up bike around at night.. This is the 'shite' referred to which I would agree is best kept contained but actually I would say is best left on your Instagram for people to follow or not if they like your content. Thing with tf is its a public forum and like with any forum some people may get a bit annoyed if one member constantly treats it like their own personal profile. It's a fine line and no one can say your doing something wrong but try to understand the delicate balance. Im sure nobody wants to take anything away from you but may feel your choice and style of interaction with the community here is a little hard to fathom.

I noticed you riding around my home town of Long Eaton quite a lot.. Are you local? Im rarely there these days and have been riding much the past few years. But I'm sure I'll see you around at some point if you live near by. Though I hope not in the summer, because there's little I find more awkward than talking to a man with his top off, call me a traditionalist but heh, that's me :)

You're right to be offended by rude comments but also my advice would be to try pick up on the 'subtle' attempts of people giving you some constructive criticism and try to take it on board. I quickly get a strong impression people here don't want to see your nonsense videos but would really enjoy seeing your proper skillfull riding videos! And would enjoy seeing one that's been crafted with care and thought. You dont seem to be much of an artist but theres generally a saying that less is more.. Again, it's a fine line but i get the impression quite a few your viewers are not particularly enjoying your work.. But thats not to say its all bad! My feedback would also be.. Quality not quantity. Flickering images of you posing or whatever can sometimes be a great addition to piece of film, but it's a fine line between it being insightful or cringe worthy. Your clearly trying hard to promote yourself so id genuienly advice you to see the essence of the feedback comments. All being said However I must say well done for trying and I hope you can keep improving all your skills; riding, filming, editing and understanding. Also well done for kicking that gap at long eaton town hall.. Only ever saw neil tunnicliffe do that one.. I certainly never have! Though you never know this time around.. Ive got a bike with a positive b.b rise for 2020 :)lol

Keep it up and try to find the constructive criticisms from your feedback (Y)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...