Mike Beck: JUST MOVE

Mike Beck

Thanks for the feedback, sorry to anyone taking offence!

I have always preferred to read in cap locks as it has always been personally easier for me to read, upsetting you guys is obviously not on the want list of mine so i have changed accordingly and hope for more acceptance from you guys on the forum, as for shouting.. this was not the case and click bait it may seem.. i have only just found out what click bait is!

I am not a technical wizard it seems, but give me time to come alive and match up to your guys eyes needs and wants! i want to please you all even if i cant i will try.:)

Anyone thinking this is click bait, i have already mentioned i am uploading my previous old videos. i am uploading one more shortly. 

I have a recent video i have just put together from a quick brief outing on the bike just before my trip to Italy to go online tomorrow, my vlogging has not started yet due to wanting to clear the old out before the new.  (advertisement)

Mike Beck

Trying out the GoPro Hero 4 Session in June 2017

GoPro's first little outing with myself and Andrew Chai, good day riding the Crewkerz bike in Derby.

► Subscribe for more videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8hViYq7n46572sbtvbLdFA

If you would like to follow me, here is my Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/mike___beck/

Edited by Mike Beck

13 minutes ago, Mike Beck said:

Tomorrow I will be uploading a trailer.

Please don't.

Trials vids are short enough as it is, there is absolutely zero point in making a "trailer" for anything that's barely longer than a trailer itself.
If you were producing a 30 minute banger (think TM1/2 style) then it might be a good idea, but given you're wanting to get into vlogging you really don't need one.

6 hours ago, Mike Beck said:

Short clips from a recent ride in Sheffield all filmed on my GoPro. 

IMO, your videos need a higher ratio of actual trials riding. That was about 20 seconds of riding in a 2 minute video. The other 1:40 was ...... I don't know what that was. A pigeon? Holding your bike over the side of a building?? Riding up a street??? Why bother????

Mike, I think you are aproching this a little wrong. It's great that you want to make videos and share your riding and you should still do that and if a few things change, I would happily watch them regularly, but it is your choice if you listen or ignore this...

1) Stop the mass amount of self promoting. If you spend your time making high quality content, the viewers will eventually come to you, you don't need to spam every social media platform to find them. And don't click bait. Please.

2) Spend your time making higher quality content, I know you said new videos coming soon and mabey they will be different. But instead of making a vid that's two minutes and only 20 sec of riding, make a five minuite vid with multiple riding clips and mabey even a bit of personality, not pigeons. This may mean only putting out a vid once every fortnight instead of week but it's worth it, then in the future you can up your production of videos.

3) Keep doing it. I'm sure you will get the hang of it and when that happens your audience will probally grow. Just break the bad habits now instead of carrying them on, the world does not need another Harry Main style youtuber, even one is one to many. But overall, good luck!

Also you don't need to sign your name on every forum post...

Edited by Archie H
Gramma
  • Like 6

DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE MIKE SUBME BECK

WHAT THE WORLD WANTS TO SEE IS A CLICK BAIT "POST BOX STUNT" LOADS OF RIDING UP A STREET AND FLASHING AND ONLY A TINY TINY AMOUNT OF POST BOX RIDING. 

WHEN CRAIG LEE SCOTT SIDE HOPPED THAT POST BOX  OVER TEN YEARS AGO WE HAD TO SIT THROUGHOUT A MEGA LONG VIDEO AND HE USED RIDING CLIPS AS FILLER! WTF!!! 

What you clearly are is good on a bike, what you clearly aren't is interested in making edits people want to see. Where you appear to want to be doesn't happen by asking. 

Take fully on board what others do in their clogs but not just what Ryan T or Harry Main do. 

Take some time and view vlogs from other niches not just sport. 

You seem confident so hopefully you'll come across alright in the vlogs. 

I cant even remember if Ali still vlogs or not. They peaked and unfortunately all us older folk want to see is edits. 

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

I cant even remember if Ali still vlogs or not. They peaked and unfortunately all us older folk want to see is edits. 

I hope thats a joke. Alis shits getting better every time. Looking fwd to watching the content from his trips in the new social media wagon.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

I hope thats a joke. Alis shits getting better every time. Looking fwd to watching the content from his trips in the new social media wagon.

I had to go ask him. I'm told he does. 

Im told the next vlogs his last vlog. 

SUBSCRIBE TO ALI 4 LAST VLOG!!!!! WOW 100 AWESOME COOL

#Glasgowbabe65 #Glasgowpost #Itsaspiceymeatball 

• Like 2

All jokes aside, that looks like a genuinely good video.

Drop all the over hyped Harry Twat Main stuff of recent and release the full version of that, people will view and you'll grow an audience.

Skills and decent editing is all you need.