Mike Beck: JUST MOVE

Mike Beck

1 hour ago, bing said:

This is pure comedy goldĀ 

Amusing that I bet none of us have subscribed but have come back to check this thread. Maybe he's actually really good at what he does and he's tricking us haha

• Like 2

If I was Pete Waterman or that cun t Simon Cowll, and this was Trials VlogsĀ HaveĀ Got Talent, mate you'd be interrupted and told to get out. Straight up from the get go I was bored as shit. Zero personality, no draw, absolutely nothing that was making me want more. Yes, have your own style, yes, find your own way but f**k me, I enjoyed poking a shite round the U bend with the bog brush more than your "oh this go pro chest mount might look a bit silly but we'll see how it goes". Its not f**king 3 years ago. Its all been done before. As in, done to death.

• Like 3

Sorry, got to 3 minutes, got bored, seen thumb nail of fit bird eating Doritos on next up section of you tube and clicked on that instead, what can I say, I'm clearly a victim of click bait here..... :)

Screenshot_20180608-091409.png

Edited by Daviesdt
Pressed post to early

To be a little more constructive - it might seem like vlogs are all candid clips thrown together, but they're never that straight forward.Ā  For example, if you thought taking the bike out looked shit you can just do it again and pretend that was the 'real' one rather than making people watch you do the same thing twice, when it's not exactly scintillating footage.Ā  Most vlogs are edited to be quick and choppy to keep people's interest, so taking your bike out the car then coming back and telling people you're going to do it again, then doing it again, isn't really sticking with that.Ā Ā 

Obviously it's your first time doing it so it's never going to be perfect, but just try and have a bit of a higher quality control on the go.Ā  If it doesn't need to be in there, don't put it in there just because it's 'only' a vlog.

• Like 2

Mark makes a good point, you have to be harsh with yourself at times and cut out potentially usable footage. I still struggle with this at times but the number of clips I loved but had to cut because it didn't add anything or stopped the flow is very high!

• Like 1

Meh, sod sugar coating it.

If in the first minute you've had to redo it, haven't edited it out, have announced that you've not done a test run when CLEARLY you should have done, and feel the need to edit it with the world's choppiest black flashes* and intermittent music from your nan's skipping minidisc player, perhaps this isn't for you.

*Not suitable for epileptics

Iā€™m a massive advocate of calling people out when theyā€™re doing a shit job, but creating good stuff is hard and I think Mike gets the point that vlog 1 wasnā€™t great now. Letā€™s not put him off making more and potentially getting better, as well as putting some (SHOCK HORROR) regular trials contentĀ on the forum.

Ā 

My top tip for Mike: None of the vloggers youā€™re trying to emulate got there by emulating anyone.

Edited by JDā„¢
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Ali C said:

Mark makes a good point, you have to be harsh with yourself at times and cut out potentially usable footage. I still struggle with this at times but the number of clips I loved but had to cut because it didn't add anything or stopped the flow is very high!

You forgot to mention when you make it as a Youtube vlogger you're MOT exempt.Ā 

3 hours ago, JDā„¢ said:

Iā€™m a massive advocate of calling people out when theyā€™re doing a shit job, but creating good stuff is hard and I think Mike gets the point that vlog 1 wasnā€™t great now. Letā€™s not put him off making more and potentially getting better, as well as putting some (SHOCK HORROR) regular trials contentĀ on the forum.

Ā 

My top tip for Mike: None of the vloggers youā€™re trying to emulate got there by emulating anyone.

You can't Vlog from nothing. These riders in the BMX world come from mainstream sponsors, competitions and online edits (that went viral). You can't just be in someone else vlog and all of a sudden think you've made it. No offence Mike. This isn't me enjoying taking the piss either. People on this thread think you're good on that bike, you clearly are.Ā 

Have a go at making an edit, a serious edit, put in the time you are willing to on this vlog project into an edit that is filmed over a few weeks or months. Make it a banger with absolutely no filler.Ā 

You are capable of that, we would all support that and get behind you without question with shares and so on.Ā 

That to me is your starting point, that to me gets people interested in wanting to know more about you.Ā 

Keep doing what you do on Instagram and build up that following in the meantime.Ā 

Ā 

Then if you ignore that (I won't be offended), a calling the shots or game of trials would be a good early vlog.Ā 

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 3

I was missing 1 part from the vid:

If you like what you see then LIKE THIS VIDEO, SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON AND HIT THAT MUTHAFUKKIN BELL TO BE IN MY NOTIFICATION CREW!!!!!1

This video is sponsored by PENIS PILLS, if you want to have A HUGE PENIS TAKE THESE TABLETS, AND NOW WITH 20% OFF IF YOU SIGNUP WITH MIKEVLOG CODE, Do it now!!!!!!!!

In the next video we will play Fortnite so make sure you tune in 8pm tonite!

Ā 

But yeah, as said before, your riding is decent, but the only part that is missing is something,, extra? Like Ali C vlogs are good, as it is about a great rider, showing behind of the scenes of his videos, some of the Team Toast videos are decent as it is full of banter.

There has to be something extra if that makes sense?

• Like 2

Respect for doing that 10p sidehop on Harry Main.

Also Main doing a 5p cousty sidehop from rear after fifteen minutes on a modern comp bike is probably a new learning speed world record for Trials. Further evidence for a cross-discipline bike skill level, after Sam Pilgrim's inconclusive experiments.

• Like 1