Days when you just feel blah

Joshemerytrials

Some days I just throw in the towel and go home.  There are those days where nothing seems to work and I'm just gonna get hurt. 

But some things that help me out are riding with a friend if possible, really taking the time to stretch and warm up and doing anything else that typically gets met out of a funk like music, burning an effigy of the toxic people in your life, stopping at my favorite coffee shop on the way to the ride and such.  I have a few places I ride, and when I'm feeling crappy I go to the most relaxing place, somewhere where I won't be dodging security and such.

If it's going on every ride for months, might be worth talking to someone about depression or anxiety.  It happens.

Edited by cwtrials

Oh no I’m not depressed or anything! Like I’m fine and can’t wait to ride but some days are just normal riding. Some days I feel like I can do anything and push way further than I have before..

but some days I get on the bike and just feel crap and nothing comes together. Just wondering is there anything people do to get out of it? Or is it best to throw the towel in and come back another day 

12 hours ago, Joshemerytrials said:

Oh no I’m not depressed or anything! Like I’m fine and can’t wait to ride but some days are just normal riding. Some days I feel like I can do anything and push way further than I have before..

but some days I get on the bike and just feel crap and nothing comes together. Just wondering is there anything people do to get out of it? Or is it best to throw the towel in and come back another day 

as i said pal if you get in that mood sometimes it helps to just roll around on the bike without trying to do anything then you sometimes randomly pass something that makes you think i want to do that sometimes it doesn't but just rolling around to the point where you have still had good exercise and just want to go home isn't a bad thing :)

• Like 1

Trials is highly taxing on the nervous system. If you’re tired or stressed (or both) it will significantly effect your performance. 

Taking some time to warm up your nervous system can help, little basic moves, build your confidence up. 

Deep breathing and clearing you mind will also help you focus.