Marino Order

sevendave

On 25/06/2018 at 7:19 AM, Ross McArthur said:

Is this yours? Worth waiting for I'd say!

Bolt through looks so good!!

Yes, that'd be mine! Was gonna post that up but forgot >_<

So glad I went with bolt through just because it looks so clean! Hoping to run without a chain tensioner, which I should be able to do with 22t/15t since it's Arcade chainstay length (364mm) so should look super clean when it's built up.

If the website said 3-5 months I'd still have ordered from him, and if the quality is there (which I don't really have doubts about) then I'll likely order another frame from him, just this time I'll know not to worry about the timeframe!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

All true.

My mate Dave (the guy who ordered) sent him the deposit and specs in January. Marino guy was OK at replying at first. Just after it got finished and painted in July (which was far later than advertised) he's heard nothing since despite emailing him.

Found the Marino owner guy on instagram. He's always on holiday in bike parks around the world...

Edited by roozor

I took a step back from the whole sponsored thing a while ago. Round about the time Athlete Pages and hash tagging the shit out of things came around. It's just so cringe worthy. Shameless self promotion - for what? Because everyone else is doing it? A certain Mike Beck is the epitome of it. Attention grabbing video covers - Boalk! Instagram bio's from people... "Sponsored Trials Rider for 7 years". And?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Give John Shrewsbury a shout on Facebook. He seems to have been talking to him recently.

I don't have a Marino and doubt ill be riding one again. I'm happy enough just riding the Element I have now. (Y) 

Yes as Ross has mentioned give me a shout on here or FB and I will sort the problem. I didn’t know so few people were still waiting for frames, sorry. 

18 hours ago, roozor said:

All true.

My mate Dave (the guy who ordered) sent him the deposit and specs in January. Marino guy was OK at replying at first. Just after it got finished and painted in July (which was far later than advertised) he's heard nothing since despite emailing him.

Found the Marino owner guy on instagram. He's always on holiday in bike parks around the world...

This is insane. There is no way I would have waited so long. Ask for a full refund!

1 hour ago, Ross McArthur said:

Copying an Arcade geo on looks and stupidly using a massively wide bb is certainly “different”. Buuuuh.

If somehow my geo or bb choices offended you then I’m sorry. I hope decisions I made 6+ years ago and had forgotten about haven’t caused you undue stress.

Can we get back to the fact that Marino is dog shit at doing anything other than building a bike, and the people on his side are making it worse rather than better?

As always, I reiterate that I only want that part of his business to be better because I like what he makes. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JD™ said:

If somehow my geo or bb choices offended you then I’m sorry. I hope decisions I made 6+ years ago and had forgotten about haven’t caused you undue stress.

Can we get back to the fact that Marino is dog shit at doing anything other than building a bike, and the people on his side are making it worse rather than better?

As always, I reiterate that I only want that part of his business to be better because I like what he makes. 

Any problems or questions with orders contact me direct on here privately or on instagram please.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, John Shrewsbury said:

Any problems or questions with orders contact me direct on here privately or on instagram please.

If this is the best way to contact the "Company" then it'd be worth Marino making that clear on the website.

Better still would be to give you/whoever access to the email account, since clearly he doesn't use it any more :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Paperclip said:

Did anything become of John's offer to talk to Marino regarding this issue? 

A local ex Trials rider to me just received his non trials frame kit (dirt jump or park idk) wondered if you had also? 

John told Dave that after waiting nearly a year for this frame, he has to wait further until other peoples frames have been built.... "Shipping is too expensive" to send 1 by 1.

This sounds like a joke. I know. It's not...

It's not John's fault and he's been helpful but I'm really not sure why he has to get involved. Can't this Marino guy answer his own emails?