Hello from a 30+ Yorkshire bloke!

Gleeface

Oh man, I've had a read through a few of these posts and it looks like I'm not alone being over 30 and practically a beginner. Haven't really touched trials since I was 17, and just took delivery of an echo pure mk6 today. Gotta say it's a beautiful thing. My brain still knows what to do but my body is a bit rusty, but the bike just felt great and natural after half an hour of gasping for breath trying back hops. Certainly not as graceful as I once was heh. 

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in the hobby. Anyone in a similar situation local to Yorkshire? 

• Like 3

Alright gleeface, I'm in leeds, Pudsey, where abouts in leeds are you. Im 33 n quite new to it, been trying to see if there's any riders near me to ride with... I imagine it would help massively riding with others!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Liam85 said:

Alright gleeface, I'm in leeds, Pudsey, where abouts in leeds are you. Im 33 n quite new to it, been trying to see if there's any riders near me to ride with... I imagine it would help massively riding with others!!

I live in Farnley!

Let's do bikes! I'm 28 and not new to it, but would love someone to ride with :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update time. After nearly a couple of months of riding the echo and starting to get back into some sort of groove with back wheel stuff, I decided I really missed being able to do simple stuff like even a bunnyhop. Could not get that damn front end off the floor while rolling worth a damn, and when I did I ended up landing hard on the front and hurting my wrist. So I've counted the echo as a learning experience and jumped on the inspired wagon with a fourplay. Patiently awaiting delivery, hopefully this week. @Liam85 I haven't ignored your offer, just waiting to get a bit more practice in! Also bought a spin bike to try sort my fitness out and drop some lbs, since that's what's holding me back the most so far.

Anyways, enjoying the forum, shame there doesn't seem to be many people riding nowadays. 

Take it easy everyone. 

• Like 2

Hey guys, 

Local ish. I rode Leeds a few weeks ago now with Guillermo. It's probably best you're new riders as it's quite depressing that some of the older spots we used y spend hours on are no longer. I kept striking unlucky and taking us to spots that was either gone or some kind of event was happening haha!

I'm keen for a ride in September sometime I'm just waiting for an ankle injury to sort itself out so mid September a group ride would be awesome. 

There's a few riders around the Lancashire area all mixed level and style that travel around for the odd group ride. 

Dont worry about your level or style it's all about coming and riding with a smile. 

• 1 month later...

Tempted to join in with you Sheffield Guys - I'm 40 (for a few more weeks), based in Fulwood, and just bought a 20".  Ridden lots of mountain bike stuff over the years, but not enough recently.  Never specifically trials, but used to be OK at riding up, over and off stuff years back.

Si F

• Like 1

• 1 month later...