Rich Pearson

The Blocks Trials Park at Mount Hawke Cornwall

8 posts in this topic

Brand new video of the brand new trials park at Mount Hawke! For more info go to www.mounthawkeskatepark.com

4 people like this

All the hard work looks like it's paid off mate, cracking effort from all involved.

Had hoped to get down for the opening session but babyprep stopped play. Shall try and swing by before arrival for a catchup (Y)

1 person likes this

Looks sick. Do they allow disc brakes in the skate park? Moving there for college in a few weeks and i would love to go but i thought it is worth checking beforehand.

That is an awesome looking place! Where is it exactly?

On 11/08/2018 at 3:25 PM, Archie H said:

Looks sick. Do they allow disc brakes in the skate park? Moving there for college in a few weeks and i would love to go but i thought it is worth checking beforehand.

Hi Archie, yep there’s nothing against disc brakes in the park, a couple of the guys who ride here run double disc as it is. Out of curiosity why did you think there might not have been an allowance? Just wondering!

There are a few skateparks around that won't allow disc brakes - there's a couple up in Scotland and I think a few more dotted around in England too.  Reasons range from "If you break a hose we'll get oil everywhere" to "Disc rotors are dangerous" - i.e. bullshit :P

1 hour ago, Rich Pearson said:

Hi Archie, yep there’s nothing against disc brakes in the park, a couple of the guys who ride here run double disc as it is. Out of curiosity why did you think there might not have been an allowance? Just wondering!

Yeah, as Mark said, I’ve heard of a few that don’t allow them due to a ‘safety issue’ or some bulls**t like that.