Ashton Edd Tongue Street Build Progress

Private Repress

On 15/08/2018 at 9:49 PM, Private Repress said:

Funny you should say that, I thought the same thing - I’ve seen just about all he ETs on the forum. Who did you sell it to? Any distinguishing marks? Got to say the frame doesn’t have a mark on it - great condition. 

Can't think of any significant distinguishing marks. I sold it to Tom Chilvers. (Y)

• Like 1

Thought some might like to see this too, a magura MT4 off an EBike, i’d never seen one before...

E4F8E7A0-5982-469B-BF85-0D97D4B73393.thumb.jpeg.5e0273fe1f69874ebc40e805472fcf43.jpeg

Brand new (taken off a display bike) for £35, included the pads too!

I snipped the cable off the lever (it kills the eBike battery when the brake is pulled), but fully intend to take it out of the lever completely at some point.

Also received these little beauts free from the man himself, Edd Tongue! What a legend!

image.thumb.jpg.6b8b1ea46decc4a1858d4a34b0cfff72.jpg

Where do you think I should put them? Or shall I get the lettering made so there is no black background? 

• Like 2

The Maxxis holy rollers arrived, fitted the front one and love the chunky look! Hopefully I’ll get chance to put a grind on the rear wheel tonight and fit the other tyre.

7B8C8C1C-F12E-42E5-9BDA-EDF3A6850983.thumb.jpeg.f82860b7aef72d114a4181fd77569cca.jpeg

Once that’s done it’s a case of routing the front brake through the steerer tube so I can begin to learn foot jam whips :)

Anyone know of a good/neat way to do this/recommend a product bearing in mind it’s a narrow threadless steerer tube?

also I’m not sure I have the gear ratio quite right, it’s currently 24-15, but just doesn’t feel right for pedal hops. I have a 22 middleburn ring spare, think that would be better - any thoughts on what seems to be the best for 24inch street?

• Like 1

Usually 22:16 is good, or if you want to go a little faster at things 22:15. The lighter 22:16 will let you hop on the back wheel a little easier if you're riding rocks at all.

There is star fangled nuts you can buy for steerer tubes which you can feed your front brake cable through HERE but if those forks are echo you may struggle to hammer it in with the chunky alloy steerer tube. Other size options. Another option is to use a "normal" star fangled nut but before inserting it, you can snap off one of the upper and lower petals, which would leave space for your cable. You'd need to cut a slot in your top cap too to make this work.

What size tyres did you go for? The 2.4s?

• Like 1

@Luke Rainbird @Ross McArthur Thanks guys, didn’t realise tarty bikes did the fangled nut in different sizes, think I’ll go with a small nut and make a hole in the top cap - should look nice and neat that. 

I’ll also bang the 22t on and give that a whirl...

Managed to grind the rear rim tonight and get the tyre fitted - and yes I went with the 2.4 inch tyres :) 

99A9CEDD-2361-4EAB-A730-DA43DF0F8940.thumb.jpeg.63c336dc4bcb22622e4b9309cdcbbc5d.jpeg

Edited by Private Repress
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I don't know how you can live with yourself having the front tyre on backwards. My OCD isn't that bad but... ;) 

Looks sweet though. I'd be tenmpted to run a slimmer seat but otherwise good show!

Well spotted dude, proper school boy error there! A job for the weekend! Yeah I was tempted by a inspired, but didn’t like the price of the fact I’d need a new post. This was one of the only plain black seats I could find believe it or not! 

3 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Looks great dude! I still think you could take a link out of that chain to tighten it up a tad.

Just noticed the chain protruding from the bash with the 24 tooth on haha. Yea, 22 on, some links out. (Y) 

Cheers pal, yes I wanted to run the chain tighter, which I’ll definately be able to do with the 22t :)

• 1 month later...

Managed to get out for a proper ride yesterday - had such a laugh, bearing in mind I stopped riding trials about 14 years ago I’ve got to say 24 inch wheels are so much fun! 

I also managed to run the front brake through the head tube the night before and swapped the 24t chain ring to a 22t, removed some chain links too. This made a huge difference! Pedal hops are much better now!

5A0E130A-E84E-4E16-8FDD-22BE9550CABA.thumb.jpeg.3806173c2995908338355d28f7d86537.jpeg

I’m really happy with how neat this turned out despite the fact I only used a hacksaw and a round file!

82C1B19D-EFB7-4430-806F-A654988BDA59.thumb.jpeg.27c06b9f984dcce095ff537e9677723f.jpeg

I’d be out again tonight if I had the choice but my arms are still killing from riding yesterday haha. 

• Like 2

On 23/10/2018 at 7:41 AM, Ross McArthur said:

Looking gooooood!

Lets see another side on shot with those stickers on. You lucky bas

@Ross McArthur On holiday now mate, will get some pics up when I’m back - thanks again for the advice on running the headset through the top cap, ended up getting a medium star nut from tarty and it works a treat :)

• Like 1