Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bottleneck

Schwalbe Crazy Bob problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Today I replaced the rear tyre on my Inspired Element with a Schwalbe Crazy Bob, and noticed that it was slightly too small. The part of the sidewall that is supposed to be completely outside the rim seemed to be inside on about one third of its circumference, which created a sort of an egg on the tyre. Does someone know what it is due to (manufacturing, different standard, etc)? It is getting on my nerves as I love manualling and this thing makes me twerk like crazy :D If it helps I am running the Inspired rim that came as standard with Element bikes around 2011.

(sorry for the terrible formulation)

Thanks!

hi been running crazy bobs for a few years now, never had problems. had you tried to take the air out of the tube, and reset the tyre on the rim? (pull out/ hold it where it bungles in..)

That was the first thing I’ve tried - I’ve had a similar problem on a different bike, so I thought I knew what to do, but apparently it’s not it. I’d been trying to reset the tyre on the rim for half an hour, but it didn’t change anything. I’ve also checked that the rim doesn’t have an egg.

Hmm do have a pic of it, hard to help without seeing it