02/03 koxx level boss

PeteHull

This is my koxx level boss which I build from the frame upwards i aint rode a trials bike since this frame was new over 10 years looking to get back into trials. looking to upgrade any advice is welcome. Parts still to fit megamo forks front magura hs33 trialtech sport lite spined cranks and trialtech race bb.

20180721_170248.jpg

20180526_165202.jpg

20180526_165146.jpg

Yeah frame is just to get back into the swing of things then I will change it I'm 35 probably not got many years left riding anyway haha. And yeah megamo blast from the past haha any advice on different frame as I want to just switch frame and not buy a load of new wheels etc.... thanks

Edited by PeteHull

22 hours ago, Alex Dark said:

That frame will be 135mm spacing , so I would personally look at a 2011-2015 echo pure 26”. Everything you’ve got will be compatible , it’ll be lighter with more modern geometry that won’t be too extreme.

Thanks for the advice I'll keep my eyes peeled 

As someone who rode multiple koxx (hmmm...) the 1065 lb, 1085? xtp and still have an 1100 levelboss... I am also similar age...

What do you want to ride? How much money do you want to spend?

You can have great fun just as is. No need to spend any money to have an awesome time riding your bike, a bike that is a total shredder.

Any new pure trials bike will send you puking. It is because they are no longer bicycles, your levelboss was one of the last competetive almost normal bikes. Todays comp bikes cannot be ridden around aside from hopping on the rear wheel, I strong suggest you avoid buying one before you try one.

Why get an 03-06 echo??? You’ve already got a 02 levelboss. That would be like buying donut holes when you already have a donut.

cheap- buy a short/high 80x40 stem and arcade risers and put on the level boss. should make it easier on the back, anything to get that front end up will transform the ride.  You will want that set up for my next suggestion-

get a used hex frame. I know of  people who come back to the sport and are off put by todays “bicycles” so much they write off trials until they find out about the hex.  Any generation one is a great bike, you will thank me when you actually ride around and find that blissful smile bicycle riding will give you after 10 years.

Welcome back, you’ve got some years left !!!

• Like 2