Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rusevelt

2018 UCI World Cup 20" Elite Mens

10 posts in this topic

I so don't get modern trials comps.

Single move, single move, up to back out of hook, single move, 5, euro rage mode.

But they're not even sections in the traditional sense. It's a bunch of big on-off moves then loop round and do something else in the 'section' then go somewhere else and do another move. It's like TGS mixed in with an autocross course!

Autocross%205.jpg

1 person likes this

Saw a clip from a comp in Spain from a few weeks ago that had a sidehop bar mid-section.  We've officially reached peak UCI.

3 people like this

Although I have never been fond of comps, I feel this is really sad. Sections used to look cool and logical. But there are no more rocks or nice obstacles that gave sections a theme.

Edited by Canardweb

He who has most power. Although some of the moves are very impressive. Women,s is exact number of gates so most of them just dab through each gate.(there are a couple that really give it a go and generally win)

1 hour ago, Mark W said:

Saw a clip from a comp in Spain from a few weeks ago that had a sidehop bar mid-section.  We've officially reached peak UCI.

Last year at BIUs world championship they had a half ton rock on four conveyor belt coil springs from the quarry. By the end of the day they were so close to the edge of the rock that they would have bent enough to fire out at some rate, enough to probably hurt someone. oh wait shit I live in the UK where all risk is removed sorry. According to Scottish education teachers are to take a more Holistic approach to risk assessment. FMe that's actually in a document. Wonder if I will get into trouble for taking a more Holistic approach to my RA for this weekends trial. 

2 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

But they're not even sections in the traditional sense. It's a bunch of big on-off moves then loop round and do something else in the 'section' then go somewhere else and do another move. It's like TGS mixed in with an autocross course!

Autocross%205.jpg

Hey Ross that looks like a Cal section from two years ago in the gully. Same number of gates. Just pulling yer plonker Cal if you see this.

8 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Autocross%205.jpg

Eeeeeexactly