Some bikers are giving us a bad name

Thumbsup

Guys this more of a rant. I'm not sure how many people know this but Vancouver, BC is one of the best cities to bike around. In fact, we have bike lanes almost everywhere and they increasing every month. That said, I'm getting really tired of fellow cyclists who think they are more special than someone in a car. Just because you are on a bike doesn't give you the right to break the law. Just a while ago some crazy biker literally ran into a whole bunch of employees who were just out for their company picnic. The cops later found out the cyclist already had a few misdemeanors related to biking. Please follow the local laws. Bikers and drivers alike. Or this won't end well and most likely it would be us who get the worst of it.

As a cyclist (predominantly) I must agree that cyclists are the biggest pricks on the road round here (Switzerland).

And they get cycle lanes*, public e-bikes and a ton of privileges and are made to feel like kings but can't show any respect or consideration for others. Cars aren't that much of an issue (strength wise) but pedestrians trying to mind their own business.
Now I can't say I'm a saint on a bicycle, I usually ride my trials bike on a sidewalk and do silly stuff but I always get out of peoples way, stop at red lights and what not, the last thing I want to do is hurt someone, so I just try to not to be a nuisance to others and no one has ever complained to me, except.. grumpy middle aged farts with high visibility jackets on e-bikes.
So it feels like most cyclists are right c*nts, no matter what vehicle you're in, if you're in one at all and there appears to be nothing to do about it since they're getting special attention for being "green" by politicians.

*cycle lanes that don't even make any sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 04.10.2018 at 7:16 AM, Thumbsup said:

The cops later found out the cyclist already had a few misdemeanors related to biking. Please follow the local laws. Bikers and drivers alike.

In my city, there was a similar case, though the cyclist faced police misconduct and ended up with a broken arm. He and aaappp (I've heard there are lots of such organizations nowadays) were suing this cop. I didn't follow up this case so I don't know how things turned out.