Advice for a newbie?

t-blackbourn

Hi guys,

I'm new to trials and so this site, and am turning 17 in a few months. I don't yet have a trials bike and I was wondering if anyone could help me with what to look for? Should I be looking at street trials bikes or the more 'competition' style ones? I own a BMX as well as my mountain bike, but it's not really my scene/style of riding so it gets very little use, and for years I've wanted to get properly into trials (though I'm not sure I would ever/often compete). I think the very most could spend would be £600 at a push - could anyone recommend places to look, or what I should be aiming to get?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I would say go for a street trials, reason being, it's a little less 'full on' and you will probably feel more comfortable on it coming from bmx/mtb. You can then do the streety stuff and also still do a bit more trialsy moves. You can always sell it down the line and buy a full comp bike if you decide thats what your into. If 600 is your budget then probably go second hand as you generally get more 'bang for your buck', although it can take a bit of time to find the right one as it isn't that big of a market. 24 or 26, as Ali C has shown, it really doesn't matter. As for brands, I would go for Inspired, just because they make really solid stuff and they are just a good company. 

Basically its about deciding what you want to do and getting a bike that will suit. :rolleyes: