I’m going riding (thread?)

Herbertlemon102

This belongs in the member organised rides but no one ever reads that. 

Birmingham and Wolverhampton this weekend for me, most likely a solo ride. Open to location changes. 

the Halloween ride in Sheffield later this month, should be a good turnout.

coventry pretty much every fecking day solo. 

Ill keep updating it with more big rides when they come along, just because I want to. Feel free to join in, because I think we all know riding alone sucks some serious ballage.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Canardweb said:

I don’t have Facebook. Is this a street trials ride or may any bike come?

Any bike. It’s a big mix between everything. We don’t discriminate :D just wear a costume, that’s the theme. 

Edited by Herbertlemon102

On 19/10/2018 at 10:49 PM, Herbertlemon102 said:

Any bike. It’s a big mix between everything. We don’t discriminate :D just wear a costume, that’s the theme. 

Might see if I can come. I need a few days off as I would really like to attend to one of these organised rides.

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Id just like to make it a point here that the Halloween group ride that was expecting around 30 people, with over 200 invited ( on facebook ), ended up with just being me and @aener, who wasn't coming until the last minute- so it was one small inconvenience away from being just me, and i don't know Sheffield well.

people then commented/messaged me how many riders they had on their own individual rides back where they were riding, i mean not trying to be too rude here but thats f**king poor.

people messaging me that people need a kick up the backside or they don't show up but didn't show up themselves are just as much part of the problem. 

real kick in the balls.

still had a great ride, but i only went to Sheffield to meet people i rarely see- me and Flipp would probably have just ridden elsewhere if it was originally set it was just us two riding like usual.

its put me in a real, real downer and makes me want to stop flogging the dead horse that is trying to get people to ride these days. 

If you’re not gonna show up, just say it.

mini rant over. onto the next one, hopefully.

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 3

Potentially, but as there were at least 2 other rides going on with 5 people it suggests it might have just been down to something else specific to this ride/weekend?  All I mean is I don't think one ride is a necessarily representative of a whole country.

It is sucky that you ended up getting there to be greeted with that though Jamie (and the posts on FB too).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Potentially, but as there were at least 2 other rides going on with 5 people it suggests it might have just been down to something else specific to this ride/weekend?  All I mean is I don't think one ride is a necessarily representative of a whole country.

It is sucky that you ended up getting there to be greeted with that though Jamie (and the posts on FB too).

If people had said they were riding elsewhere I would’ve been just fine, not ask me where to park and then ride elsewhere with no indication. 

Still, it’s whatever. Just a bit of a downer :(