Fyrsta

aener

This is my 100th riding video.
I wanted to make a 100 line video in celebration but it's been very difficult to get riding/collect footage and I don't think I'd've made it all the way there.
I was hoping it would be something special to look back on, but watching the clips back I sacked the idea off because only one single clip was actually interesting and I'm left feeling pretty sour about the whole thing. Watching them back was just f**king boring.
Couldn't bring myself to delete them so threw them in to this so that I can be done with the procedure.

I'm not sure if I'll make any more. I'd like to have finished on a nice round number, but I sincerely doubt I have another 28 videos in me.

Anyway. If you want to waste a handful of minutes of your life, courtesy of me wasting almost the entirety of mine, feel free to watch the below. Or don't - it's not likely to make a difference.

• Like 17

Brakeless, chainless. Before you know it your hairs down your back and you're free running. :P 

Liked the simple things like the drop down into wall ride and the back wheel wall ride. Really liked the nozzer off the stump shot. Executed perfectly.

Another 28? Random number?

Edited by Ross McArthur

I totally agree with what you say Flip that was hard work to watch. I was bored the whole way through... /sarcasm (do people still do that / thing?)

Seriously though cheer up mate its not all doom and gloom. You're hands down the best brakeless rider on the planet. Maybe if you lighten up a bit and ride for fun rather than to impress people/mainly yourself then it would show in the videos. You've got an amazing talent and I enjoy your videos (maybe not so much the depressing music at the start).

Just in case it wasn't clear that was really impressive.

• Like 1

I won't copy my Youtube comment about sections I loved haha! 

It always please me to see where you put your camera. Framing is smart, sometimes more aimed to the spot than the rider and I really like how it looks. 

You've got so many "signature" moves, gesture I don't see anywhere else and it's always surprising to see how you mix creativity, brakeless limits and skills. 

Time to re-rewatch!

• Like 1

I’ve always been a fan of the more melancholy music choices you go for. 

Wayching the bike switch from silver-to-black wheels made me feel like I was watching one of your older videos on the all black bike, then somehow fast forwarding to the time when the frame was first released. Was a really nice nostalgic feeling. 

Edit: it was all ridiculous. Wish the stars would line up so we could ride more. 

Edited by Herbertlemon102
  • Like 1

I sucks to read that you're unhappy with the outcome when it's so ruddy awesome!  

So good to see the lines you create at spots you've used in previous edits as well as all the new locations in this. 

Proper casual drop gap at (I think) Newcastle from an old Brett Penfold video. 

• Like 1

Watching this has just put such a HUUUGE smile on my face!! I have such good memories of being out riding with you and having a blast.

I know how frustrated and defeated you must feel since you weren't able to do the 100 clip video that you were planning, but I still think this is a little gem that you should be proud of :D

When we get old as f**k and aren't able to ride trials bikes anymore, I'm sure you'll look back on this video and have fond memories too of all the fun times (and laughs! as evidenced by the video ^_^) that happened while filming this, and that's far more important than it being that "one time you didn't make that 100 clip video".

p.s. The ambient music + the nothing but the hub sound = magic!

Edited by aliao
  • Like 3

So strange to read your words, dude. This Clip is so amazing and here in germany are so many guys whatching all of your Clips with open mouth. No minute was wasted time but every second is pure inspiration and motivation to get back on the bike. You are a beast and please finish your clips with a nice round number. Maybe we could say 200 is a lovely number!:wub:

• Like 1

The video was f**king awesome. 

It’s none of my business, but if you haven’t already I think you should consider going to speak to someone about this long term negativity you’ve been unable to shake. It’s so important to take care of our heads as well as the rest of ourselves. If you want that someone to be an unqualified person you don’t like, then drop me a line, but if you can stomach getting to someone more qualified that’s probably better. 

The video was f**king awesome. 

• Like 10

Every following video of yours brings at least couple of WTF clips for me. Strange, but this time it was a simple abubaca somewhere in the middle of the video. But wait.. it was done on a sharp corner on a brakeless bike, as well as several lines with straight-to-back wheel bunny hops. Skills of riding down/off obstacles also need to be mentioned. As I like doing wallrides myself, pedal up off the ledge to wallride and gap to curb walltap (?) are my fav clips. Bump jump variations are good.

Keep on going, try not to focus on negative vibes. Every single video could not be perfect, but brakeless trials is amazing itself.

Good luck in future projects!

• Like 1

Big ballsy riding, with the skill set to match. You have a completely unique style

You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself, even though the 100th video isn’t exactly as you had planned, it’s an awesome watch none the less. 

I have been following your videos for years, although raw, there is always something fresh. I never find them dull or predictable like the majority of videos nowadays and they always leave me wanting to rewatch.