Ashton Diamondback Justice Build

Culshaw95

I was scrolling on Facebook and noticed someone put an ashton frame up for sale and I thought it would be good to get one built up as it was the first bike I started on 7 years ago

(Here it is 7 years ago.)

FB_IMG_1539956084213.jpg.c0498bf7883131c5f06d5369aae4656a.jpg

I'm hoping to get it built up next week so stay tuned... 

IMG_20181024_154722.thumb.jpg.3d0b3aa52dd93d6fc50859bcddd7d7e3.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Vee’s dont freeze. Neither do mechanical TRP brakes. Heard anything good about them? Not the conventional BB7.

I've had a few bikes come through work with them on and they seem to work great. If they can also make a sti levers feel nice they should do the job. They seem to have better pad adjustment than the BB7 so always worth a go. I've got a Box Components v caliper coming through aswell, I've always used xt in the past but heard good things about the box calipers  

31 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Ah, nice. In what way?

I just think its a good idea having a dual pull system so both pads hit at the same time rather than having a fixed side so you end up flexing the rotor. BB7s are great I must say but I suppose it could be a bit of trial and error. The trps come with organic pads so I should get a reasonable braking force (hopefully...)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/8/2019 at 7:26 PM, Scott Gibbs said:

Mega bump! how are you getting on with that mechanical disc up front?

Not really what i expected in the end. It did work pretty well but i thought it may eliminate flex but i've ended up going full hope now due to too much flex in the rear brake aswell. Was an interesting experiment but they just dont work well with v levers, they seem stiffer with road levers weirdly 

61860509_2431574566863671_6618958049572814848_o.jpg

• Like 1