Which brakes for mini master.

LeoDog

You have a couple of options.

The most simple (and I'm surprised you couldn't work this one out for yourself, almost to the point I think this might be a hoax) is longer hoses...

The second would be to run the front brake hose through the steerer tube. The rear you'll just need a longer hose.

The most exotic remedy would be to use a hydraulic gyro.

I suspect there will be more questions to come...Ask away.

Hi Ross I have looked at all of that however I didn't know whether long cables would effect the the effectiveness of the rear brake and I was sure if you could route a v brake cable. The problem I have is the mini master wheels don't have rotor mounts. So without finding 18 inch wheels with rotor mount hubs I can't run hydraulic. 

A little bit longer shouldn't really affect the performance too much - they'll still be way shorter than you'd find on a full-size bike, and people use V-Brakes on those with no problems.  

You can route a V-Brake cable through the steerer, but they are a bit fiddlier to do.  The cable has to wrap around the fork leg and the noodle will go into the caliper upside down, so you may find you need to tweak the angle of the noodle/buy a noodle with a different angle.  It's just a case of trial and error working out the right cable length for it to work basically.  If you buy a long cable and just trim it down bit by bit until you get a nice smooth curve leading to the noodle you should be fine.

You'll need to get hold of one of these and hammer the existing star nut out:

large_gusset.jpg

• Like 1