Pashley 26mhz. to restore or not to restore....

sammywks

Hi guys im hoping for some educated advice regarding my old Pashley. the same as everyone else who grew up riding trials in the 90's i just had to own a Pashley. i was fortunate enough to get hold of one but gave up riding and the bike has sat for the last 15 or so years. i have recently dug it out and am trying to decide if it would be worth the effort restoring it and rebuilding (im a bicycle custom painter by trade, so it will be financially cheap to do) or are they not really considered classic/desirable enough to warrant it. i have been out of the scene for a long time and would like to reignite the fire but unsure if it would be better opting for something more modern. the only parts worth salvaging are the frame and middleburn Ti cranks, otherwise it will be a full ground up restoration. given that these were such good frames in the day do they still have a following?

i would be interested to hear your thoughts!

many thanks

• Like 1

Hi Luke thank you for your reply!

as with anything things move on over time and i know the latest selection of bikes could potentially far exceed the capabilitys of the old girl. im swaying toward sticking with it as a project/retro build as it seems a shame to let what was a great bike rust in the corner!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

If it was me I'd paint the frame up in Ed Tongue factory colours or something and hang it on the wall then buy an Inspired Hex to ride.

This was what I was thinking. I want to get an accurate colour sample so will drop Pashley a message and see if they can supply a colour sample. They were sooooo nice in the factory blue!

Love a retro build, I've got an old Martin Hawyes Giant in "dream spec" at home and it's awesome! 

Fattys, Ti-Glides, Sunset Mavic, X-Lite Phatso, Filthy 'ard guard in limited edition gold, original Hope Wavy disc etc etc, it's Near worthless but that wasn't the point, it's AWESOME!

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with restoring something old frame wise, I have an old leeson that has seen better days. I am in the process of fabbing up a rear discount mount to weld on and adding some additional touches to try and bring it a bit up to date. 

They aren't worth a huge amount but the old frames are way more interesting than the new ones I think!

On 23/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, Ross McArthur said:

Piiiiiiic?

Took me AGES to find everything I wanted for it, so many little details, the whole thing is a 2002 wet dream, I even flocked the front blue bit black to match the real thing (in colour at least :P ) check out the front wheel as well B)

The other bike is my Ryan Leech pub bike, actually rides really nicely with those forks too :D

560247_10151392239696219_1988615664_n.jpg

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Bleddy Millennial Snowflake lacing...

One better, flower not snowflake, the bottom 2 crossovers are twisted as well as the main one :D

Bitch of a thing to build, and it's weak as f**k :lol:

Edited by Jolfa
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, sammywks said:

Hi guys im hoping for some educated advice regarding my old Pashley. the same as everyone else who grew up riding trials in the 90's i just had to own a Pashley. i was fortunate enough to get hold of one but gave up riding and the bike has sat for the last 15 or so years. i have recently dug it out and am trying to decide if it would be worth the effort restoring it and rebuilding (im a bicycle custom painter by trade, so it will be financially cheap to do) or are they not really considered classic/desirable enough to warrant it. i have been out of the scene for a long time and would like to reignite the fire but unsure if it would be better opting for something more modern. the only parts worth salvaging are the frame and middleburn Ti cranks, otherwise it will be a full ground up restoration. given that these were such good frames in the day do they still have a following?

i would be interested to hear your thoughts!

many thanks

Pics pics pics?