Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bliss-stick

Essex bike trial club?

7 posts in this topic

Evening all,

I used to do these comps in the 90s when Brian Matthews (was it?) et al ran it.  Just ticking back into trials now and wondered if it was still around?!  

I'm figuring not as there doesn't seem to be much trace of it on the internet.

Cheers!

I did a few in 1999 too but I don't think it's been around for a long time.

Not sure about competitions, but Radical Bikes near Chelmsford is an absolutely sick place to go and ride, they have events and stuff on there in the summer too  https://radicalbikes.co.uk/ 

That's sure a great backyard to have.   Will check it out.  I did wonder if it was the same guy who used to have loads of man made stuff in his back garden/field in Boxted (one trial on the old EBTC circuit...).

1 person likes this

No man the ebtc closed years ago . Radical bikes is the central place for Essex now for trials . Next year there will be events and there is going to be a fun comp run on and around the 28/4/19 so keep a eye on here aNd Facebook for more details. Be great to see you down at rad though man . Where about in Essex are you ? 

Cheers for filling me in on that.  If anyone ever rode those comps be good to hear from you!  Used to be quite a merry band.

And cool will sign up to the FB page.  I used to be up near clacton but now surrey way and only head that direction a few times a year though will stop by next time I'm passing.

1 person likes this

The ebtc days were the beat2, some classic venues, a snowy thriftwood was always a highlight!

I rode essex trials from 1996 till in ended a few years ago, real shame it did

1 person likes this