TMS frames - Any good?

roozor

1 hour ago, roozor said:

Thinking of treating myself to a Silex V2 this xmas.

Geo seems nice and streety.

Could hardly find anything about them on here via the search. 

Short answer to your question any good? Yes. 

TMS used to be a little more popular in the UK a few years back when you could buy them via Tartybikes. It's only just actually this last year you have been able to buy some street parts and now frames via Tarty hence not many UK riders giving them a try/ not much details on this forum regarding these.  

I rode the V1 Silex and loved it. The new paint looks great and addition's like the headtube and rear brake gusset are nice to see.  

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 2

As @Paperclip and @Shub was the main boys on them for uk and France they are a very good source for info .if you look at their past videos you will see what is pos . I reviewed the frame last year and liked it . I have had the champagne , the combo and  liked them very much . I like the evos more to be fair but they are more tgs and comp frames 

Couple of things to be aware of with the Silex V2 - it's got a 25.4mm seat tube, so you'll need to get a suitably sized post for whichever type of setup you want.  It'll have to be a BMX post, all the 'usual' ones for street bikes will be 27.2mm so won't fit.

For some reason TMS don't supply the frame with tensioners despite saying they do.  The dropouts have relatively little clearance around them (between the slot and the ends of the seat/chain stays) so you'd need to either get some Arcade tugs with longer bolts or go for something like the Trialtech tugs and grind down the main plate that fits around the axle to sit inside the dropouts.  If you're getting it via TartyBikes, I think they've offered customers some longer bolts for Arcade tugs for that frame in the past so they should be able to help out.

• Like 1

I am not sure you would like my feedbacks :lol: I got some issues with rust and Chainstays length running 22/16 and simple link chain. V1 though. 

Anyway. It's strong and kinda arcade feeling geo. 

I can't know about the V2 and its new features.

Edited by Shub