Onza zoot DD

Explosifpete

Just arrived in the post. My new toy an onza zoot DD

I know they have a reputation of snapping but I doubt I’ll be getting to extreme on it.

ihad a rummage though some of old bike stock (I used to buy the slick from closed down bike shops) and found a bunch of trials parts but I’m gonna resist pimping it up until I’m sure I like it

this said the cable disc brakes need to go so should I use the Magura hs33 or the formula disc brakes?

If anyone wants any of the other bits you’re welcome e to make me an offer, apart from the guide brakes it’s all new 

1D088C95-6B98-44AD-9910-E0507120A25D.jpeg

0B9EB238-1344-41C1-A33C-09A7C58E0287.jpeg

07CBA008-4A7C-43ED-9C32-599E3D233BF2.jpeg

22 hours ago, Explosifpete said:

So higher is better? 

It feels pretty short to me but I’m used to road and enduro bikes 

Not necessarily, every frame needs adjustments to the front end, but your wheels are basically a lot further apart than on modern 24" bikes, and most of that is in your top tube, your head angle is steep and the back end is long, all of that pushes the wheels further apart and puts your weight further forward. With a top tube that long, lower bars will just be harder to pull up, but on a shorter frame it won't need to be as high. On Google your geo looks to be the same as the 2009 Inspired Fourplay, bikes have just got a lot shorter and lower since then. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...