Adidas Terrex Trail Cross Protect

cwtrials

Has anyone used these for trials?  Just curious if the sole was sticky enough for trials.  Some of the reviews I read said is wasn't as soft as some of the other "stealth" compounds.

After injuring my ankle I want to wear some sort of high top all the time and this is the only one I can really find.  I'm not a super big fan of the Five Ten's anymore.

s-l500.jpg

If you're concerned about your ankle ligaments then you'd probably be better off just getting some decent shoes and some separate ankle supports.  A pair of high top shoes won't give you the same support, so you'll be making it harder to find some decent shoes whilst not really giving your ankles the help you might think you are.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spend time strengthening your ankle in the gym, getting shoes to solve a problem is like putting a bandaid on in a thunderstorm- shit don’t work... will feel ok initially but it doesnt matter, ankle still weak- no amount of shoe will save you, injuries waiting for you down the line.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:32 AM, AndyT said:

Spend time strengthening your ankle in the gym, getting shoes to solve a problem is like putting a bandaid on in a thunderstorm- shit don’t work... will feel ok initially but it doesnt matter, ankle still weak- no amount of shoe will save you, injuries waiting for you down the line.

My ankle will never be 100% again.  it won't be even close in 2019. I will need to be careful with it. Just the way it is.

I'll be wearing a brace for a while just to be safe.

Strengthening and PT happen off the bike. I'm making as rapid progress as I can without damaging it, but at this point just need to start riding