rear hops

Senna

Do you mean just rear wheel hops, or pedal kicks?

If its rear wheel hops then do you find your jumping backwards with each hop? If you learn to pedal kick it helps a huge amount with backhops as it means you can adjust your stance and stay up for longer, else just keep practicing.

If its pedal kicks then it's all about timing to start with. Try to balance on your back wheel for a second or two without the rear brake, then do it again and again. This will give you the confidence to release the brake and put in a crank to propel you forwards. Then work on body position and movement and you will be doing it nicely.

If you could give slightly more detail then it will be easier to help, but sadly with trials, it's all about putting in the time over and over again until you learn it.

• Like 2

Is it the case that the YouTube tutorial will tell you everything other than the part about using your brake?

16 hours ago, Ali C said:

ha!

Video should be up tomorrow (with more details  on my Patreon channel), it's been a lot harder to explain backhops than any other moves I've filed so far haha...I'm dreading having to explain trackstands in a  future tutorial 

16 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

If Tricks & Stunts taught me anything it's that the key points are flares and a dodgy afro (Y)

Clearly didn't use freewheels back then.

3 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Is it the case that the YouTube tutorial will tell you everything other than the part about using your brake?

Clearly didn't use freewheels back then.

Chainrings were so big back then that knee guards were more necessary than worrying about your flares catching. Although the flares did give the middleburns that solid polished look

3 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

because I just chose a random name years ago with no intention of it being used (Butterboo was one of my cats), I have changed my channel name to AliClarkson but for some reason it still shows as the old name which is REALLY frustrating 

• Like 3