Weak feet?

marg26

personally, yes, my feet hurt pretty quickly if i ride in a shoe with a thin flexible sole, like your average skate shoe.  I tend to ride with a shoe with some more stiffness in it, like the specific trials shoes by monty or ribo. they tend to be pricey and wore out quite quickly.  Current fabourite is the adidas terrex swift solos.  very grippy sole with fairly small tread and have lasted over a year on some regularly sharpened pedals.  you will probably find however, with a stiffer shoe comes less pedal grip, so having really grippy pedals is more important. hope that helps.

• Like 1

I usually use my old 510 Freeriders which are quite flexible. Also have a pair of Scott flat pedal shoes that are stiffer soled with a harder grip compound, but they feel lethal in the wet.  Will probably just take a minute or so out to recover, something I'm not used to doing so much with most of my riding being to commute and/or XC style rides. Heard a few people mention Addidas Terrex for MTB, so will have to keep a look out for sale offers.