Best trials Rim brake pads

SaFteiNZz

Hello there, I'm pretty new to trials and I'm looking for the "best" brake pad, at least the best brake pad for my brake and rim.

I use:

• Jitsie 26" rims. I have my rear grinded and I'm keeping my front ungrinded to have more modulation though probably I'll grind it in the future.
  • HS33 Rim brake

I'm looking through what people is recommending me though I would appreciate more recommendations, so far the recommendations have been:

1. Coustellier Pads
  2. Jitsie Race Pads
  3. TNN ADM Pads

I ride most in dry though don't want a slippery pad in the wet.

I saw that the jitsie race and the TNN ADN seems to be refilable, don't know if its a good idea to refill them or if they will be bouncing around.

What you guys use on your rim brakes? Which one should I buy?

Regards!

CNC-backed pads like the Jitsie Race and TNN pads tend to give a stiffer lever feel.  The pad/backing fit is super tight, so there's no bouncing around at all.  

In all honesty, any of those pads should work well.  Lots of riders like the Coust pads (I was never a big fan personally, but to each their own), the Jitsie pads are good too, and the ADMs are pretty consistent.  I preferred the TNN LGMs to the ADMs, but there's not a huge amount in it.

If you go for CNC-backed pads, just make sure you do a good job of getting them squared up well with your rim.  Because there's less flex in the pad backing, they won't just flex to the angle of your rim as easily if they're at a bit of an angle so will wear much faster.

• Like 1

I've been a v-brake user for more then 10 years now.  I weight about 240lb, ~110ish kg.  I agree with Mark that the CNC backings like the TNNs (which I use) are a must.  Right now I like the Jitsie pads the best.  I've tried the TNN and the Coust pads.  They also work well.  They all hold well but I think the Jitsie pads have a little better bite which is the harder think to get out of a v-brake.

Right now based on what I've tried I would rank v-brake pads like this. There is a very small difference between each.

1. Jitsie

2. Heatsink Yellow

3. Heatsink Coust

4. TNN Green

5. TNN ADV (black)

6. TNN Blue

One more thing I almost forgot.  The Heatsink pads have a different backing.  There backing is a little thicker.  If you have tight clearance definitely get something compatible with the TNN backings.  The Jitsie pads are a littler thinner out of the box too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...