How far do you drive for everyday rides?

cwtrials

Hey all. I was curious, how far do most of you commute for normal every day rides?

Most of my local riding is either mediocre or requires constantly moving ahead of security. So far my search for a decent local practice spot has been unsuccessful. But there is some amazing riding a few hours away... For those rare occasions I can get away.

What about you guys?

5 minutes from my front door. Got a load of great spots round town to hurt myself at. 2 minutes from my house is the beach /breakwater area and it is littered with large rocks that one day I fully intend to throw myself and my bike at. Suppose I'm quite lucky really as I dont need to travel to find a good spot 

7 hours ago, Wobbly said:

5 minutes from my front door. Got a load of great spots round town to hurt myself at. 2 minutes from my house is the beach /breakwater area and it is littered with large rocks that one day I fully intend to throw myself and my bike at. Suppose I'm quite lucky really as I dont need to travel to find a good spot 

as above, i live in coventry centre so theres loads of street spots for me. some fairly random rocks littered about too

i ride after work at the university campus i work at in the week at weekends i usually drive about 45 mins to meet up and ride with people there are also some rocks and blocks 5 mins from my house i hit up if im going out for a quick blast but 90% of those rocks are slippery this time of year so not been there in ages

Edited by Sandbugg
Clarity

Live near town seafront so loads of stuff within a two minute ride, plus I'm only starting out so don't need much. Will be sad to see Winter and dark evenings pass as it meant less people around to see a 40 something guy being a bit rubbish at riding a trials bike. Won't miss the howling wind though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ben_travis said:

Some interesting methods of SPAM bots right there....

28009888 and counting

USA numbers... my closest competition is a 23 hour drive. same if I want to ride with more than one person.

Street riding I have on a 10 min train ride, real rocks are a 45 min car ride.

Back in the day it was normal to drive 3 hours to go ride w someone.

• 2 years later...

Another beach bum here. I've got loads of spots between home and the beach about 5 min ride away. Since there are few students on campus at the moment, I've been riding UCLA, about a 15 min drive away. Downtown LA is about a 30 min train or drive away, but it's usually a constant dance with security now that it's not a ghost town anymore.

• 1 month later...