Get 1

Davetrials

This and GET2 illustrate my lament perfectly.

Everything that is in there and now absent are what I lust after.
I know the old-school riders generally tend to say the golden era of trials was a bit before this, but for an 06 starter, this remains the sport's peak for me.

Desperately wish I hadn't lost my GET2.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, aener said:

I know the old-school riders generally tend to say the golden era of trials was a bit before this, but for an 06 starter, this remains the sport's peak for me.

I have a copy gathering dust on a shelf that I'd be happy to send your way if you PM me your address.

Edited by Ben Swales

6 hours ago, aener said:

I think that from around 1999 until about this time was a pretty golden era. I was out earlier this evening on my enduro bike, hung out for a while by some of the street spots where I learned to ride my first trials bike almost exactly 20 years ago, and it was quite sad to contemplate that I can never go back to that time. Would kill to relive just one of those carefree days!

• Like 3

I love that the comp and street scene used to get on together as one, (with some exceptions..) imagine seeing Tim turn up on his steel Pashley at a comp now a days. 
watching this really has made dislike the sport today. 

What a bloody shame. 

• Like 4

Get2, manifesto and trials is dead are the ones I have. I might be able to get on it this weekend and may even be able to upload one to youtube, with my painfully slow internet. 

Which of the 3 would you chaps like me to prioritise? 

• Like 1

So weird watching this now that I live in Bristol. Back when this was released I lived in Hastings and hadn't really ventured that far along the country, so didn't recognise any of it. Now I see all the spots I walk and ride past and wish I still had a trials bike :)

Great blast from the past this is!

36 minutes ago, Davetrials said:

Plus one for hibernation! 

Can we throw out a forum wide net for this?

@MadManMike Ive only just moved to the area, i was in Bristol today after watching Get 1 eyeing up all the spots! 

Do you still ride trials?

If you want to head out at all, gimme a shout dude. I'm heading to Forest of Dean on the MTB tomorrow, short notice but you're welcome to join us... If so, "pedalabikeaway" shop at 9am :)