The Bikes you have the biggest feelings for- but aren’t yours.

Herbertlemon102

1 hour ago, Herbertlemon102 said:

I was going for a “the one that got away” vibe. Didn’t want to end up seeing people posting pictures of their own bikes, going “this was my dream bike frame, so I got one it!” :P 

The truth is out there.

I have Ali's, Mikee has Ashton's.

Geek oooot!

• Like 1

I bought one of Ryan Leech's old red and white manifesto's off pinkbike awhile back.  It was short a couple parts, so wasn't exact, but was pretty cool.  Shortly thereafter sold it.  So it's the bike I've always had feelings for and the one that got away. :(  One of the only bikes I really regret selling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cwtrials said:

I bought one of Ryan Leech's old red and white manifesto's off pinkbike awhile back.  It was short a couple parts, so wasn't exact, but was pretty cool.  Shortly thereafter sold it.  So it's the bike I've always had feelings for and the one that got away. :(  One of the only bikes I really regret selling.

I may be able to help you there...

• 2 weeks later...

Dual disc Megamo Equip Pro:

equip26big.jpg

Original Coustellier St. Blaize.. Probably it rides exactly the same as the Zoo knockoff (first Pitbull), but what a pretty bike:

100_0069.jpg

And then there was my all time favorite MK2 Ashton Justice, the bike that I never thought I would see in person. But late last year I managed to get one, so it is off this list now. Loving every ride on it :)

• Like 3

Chainspotting era Martyn Ashton red Beast of the East with Racelines, CODA cranks and the tri-colour Flite saddle is very droolworthy.

BnqF-f0CQAEZm-z.jpg

The Boxx is definitely up there.

Vario Tibo XL (always wished there was a mod version of that with the moto seat).

Vario%20Tibo%20XL.jpg

And on the posting your own old bike side of things I still liked my Repsol orange rimmed 221PR :)

large.gallery_1823_7_16286.jpg.9a52af7dd

• Like 3

The old CLS Pythons, was a bit of a fan boy back in the day but could never afford one.  Kind of glad I didn't as I ended up having a go on one and found out I preferred chainstays that fit within one post code area.  Never meet your heroes dream-frames.

The Brisa B20D and the original Koxx Levelboss bikes too - lusted after them after going to one of the early 2000's Bike Shows.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edd tongues cream pashleys.

Matt tongues GHz.

Kris leesons bikes.

( I used to only reaally like steel bikes!)

Lastly.. Sounds sort of strange but.. My old bike... Wait, hold on... Here me out..

After the guy who bought it from me sent it back to Clive to have disc tabs welded f+r and the frame rawd and lacquered, the old school 3piece dmr ring thing bashguard machined down.. It looked so good I kind of wish I could get it back! So yes, I kind of owned this bike ( I designed it!) But what's been done to it makes me really want it back! Its so unique.. 

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/142180976908_/Leeson-609-Custom-24-Full-Trials-bike-Chris.jpg

IMO the Geo is perfect, and seat tube height :).. Anyone know where this is now??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mark is right, don't meet your heros/dream frames. I finally got a Crescent and it was perfect, but couldn't hold a candle to a modern bike. Sold it for a loss not that long ago. That said the Bianchi colorway always blew me away

pyora.jpg

And I was fortunate to own one of these (but with real tires) and it rode as good as it looked:
D-JXd6aRPuo5SgTowKZpuQj-Ux9xSQ1vRSkMRu_i

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 4:42 PM, PeterH said:

Mark is right, don't meet your heros/dream frames. I finally got a Crescent and it was perfect, but couldn't hold a candle to a modern bike. Sold it for a loss not that long ago. That said the Bianchi colorway always blew me away

pyora.jpg

And I was fortunate to own one of these (but with real tires) and it rode as good as it looked:
D-JXd6aRPuo5SgTowKZpuQj-Ux9xSQ1vRSkMRu_i

I always loved the look of that frame, especially the colors of the Bianchi version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2019 at 1:54 PM, HendrikV said:

Dual disc Megamo Equip Pro:

equip26big.jpg

Original Coustellier St. Blaize.. Probably it rides exactly the same as the Zoo knockoff (first Pitbull), but what a pretty bike:

100_0069.jpg

And then there was my all time favorite MK2 Ashton Justice, the bike that I never thought I would see in person. But late last year I managed to get one, so it is off this list now. Loving every ride on it :)

kind of looks like it would ride like a sack of spuds now. can't imagine throwing that up to front without introducing my teeth first